Prior to its release, many people predicted Galaxy S4 would outshine iPhone 5, the latest iteration of Apple’s mighty device. Galaxy S4 has been announced and that excitement has dampened down. However, Apple is clearly still feeling the heat because two days after the unveiling of Samsung Galaxy S4, Apple has released a list of reasons why iPhone is better than all other devices.
The list, which does not specifically mention Galaxy S4 by name but is the obvious target considering the timing, proclaims: “There’s iPhone. And then there’s everything else.” The list then goes on to provide tweleve reasons why iPhone is great:
- iPhone has received eight straight J.D. Power and Associates awards for customer satisfaction.
- Every detail has been considered.
- Only iPhone has the Retina display.
- Great battery life. Without a great big battery.
- The A6 chip is powerful but not power hungry.
- iPhone gives you ultrafast wireless and LTE.
- The world’s most popular camera.
- Millions of ways to be entertained. From one trusted source.
- iOS 6. The world’s most advanced mobile operating system.
- Only iPhone has Siri. Your wish is its command.
- iCloud puts your content on all your devices.
The list expands on each reason in more detail, which we will not reproduce here (hit up the link below to read it all); however, I’m sure you get the jist of what Apple is saying.
Looking at the list objectively, Apple makes three valid points: iPhone does have great battery life, is able to pack a powerful processor but still keep good battery life, and has great WiFi due to dual-bands. (Side note: This appears to be the first time Apple is actually debating on specs for smartphones. Usually Apple leaves the specs debate to so called Fandroids.) On the other hand, the other points are either meaningless or simply stupid. Only iPhone has Retina display? Duh, Apple has trademarked the word ‘Retina’ — other phones have just as good or better displays… they just aren’t called Retina. The world’s most popular camera (due to the fact that the phone itself is so popular)? Who cares. Only iPhone has Siri? Yeah, Android has the superior Google Now. iCloud? I suppose other phones don’t have cloud storage capability. Oh wait. LTE? Other phone have had LTE long before iPhone joined the party.
Nice try Apple. The only thing you managed to do here is show that you are desperate. Anyone that wants to read the list in detail can hit up the link below.