How to root Acer Liquid Gallant Duo on Android Ice Cream Sandwich [Guide]April 23, 2013 1 Email article | Print article
Have an Acer Liquid Gallant Duo that you’re looking to root? This guide will help you do it very easily! Follow the instructions below and before you know it, your Acer Liquid Gallant Duo will be rooted and ready for custom ROMs and even some mods!
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
This root guide is for the Acer Liquid Gallant Duo running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Before We Begin
- You’ll need to download and install the official Acer Liquid Gallant Duo USB drivers on your Windows PC, if you haven’t already.
- You’ll need to enable USB Debugging. Go to System settings, then Developer Options, and finally Debugging. Check the box next to USB Debugging.
- You’ll need to download the root package to your PC and extract the contents
How To Root Acer Liquid Gallant Duo
- Connect your Acer Liquid Gallant Duo to your PC using USB cable
- Open the folder that you extracted the root package into and run/execute the Runme.bat file
- Follow the instructions that the Runme.bat command prompt window gives you. When asked, select normal mode and follow the instructions that the Runme.bat file displays.
- The rooting process will now begin. Please be patient as this is an automated process.
- After the process is nearing completion, your Liquid Gallant Duo will automatically reboot
- As soon as your Acer Liguid Gallant Duo has finished rebooting, go into the Google Play Store and install BusyBox
- After installation, run BusyBox and be sure to give BusyBox SuperUser access
- After BusyBox has been given SuperUser access, you’ve successfully rooted your Acer Liquid Gallant Duo
Enjoy a rooted Acer Liquid Gallant Duo.