[Mac OS X] Share your screengrabs online with Gyazo: Instant Screen-GrabbingMay 10, 2013 0 Email article | Print article
There are tons of reasons you would want to share a screenshot. True, most funny images online already have a shareable URL…but other things, like personal documents and movie stills do not. If you want a very simple app that can help you share screenshots and keep a record of them remotely, Gyazo: Instant Screen-Grabbing may be worth checking out.
What is it and what does it do
Gyazo allows users to quickly take a screenshot and upload it to a private URL. From there, the URL can be shared with friends, family, or co-workers.
- Super-fast upload times
- Great tool for collaborating with others quickly and efficiently
- Images are private by default: they can only be seen by people who hold the URL, which consists of a random assortment of alphanumeric characters
- Only you can view your history of image uploads
- History of uploads is a great way to organize screengrabs so they don’t clutter your desktop or hard drive
- URL is automatically saved to clipboard, where you can paste it into IMs, status updates, emails, tweets, and more
- To get certain functions, you need to make a $1.99 subscription to Gyazo Ninja via Google Wallet
- You need to keep clicking on the dock icon in between each screengrab if you’re taking multiple screengrabs, which is a bit of a hassle
- App doesn’t have a default setting for taking a shot of the whole screen: you’ll need to drag your cursor over the area you want to capture
To access certain premium functions, you need to set up a $1.99 subscription to Gyazo Ninja via Google Wallet. This is a bit annoying, but at least the price is low. If you’re the sort of person who is constantly grabbing images and sharing them at work or at play, this can be quite helpful.
The Ninja level of Gyazo ownership allows users to delete items from their image stream, “star” functionality to easily find images at a later date, and the ability to get access to your images from any device. Ninja-level subscribers can also go ad-free!
This app is great for anyone who wants to quickly share a funny image, video still, or drawing with people in their social network. It would also be a great tool for collaborating in a big office, or with coworkers who work remotely. It’s a great tool for bloggers or Pinterest fans who see something online that they want to quickly share with other people. It’s a great tool for sharing images in forums or message boards as well!
Conclusion and download link
If you want a way to share what you’re seeing right now with all of your friends in under 10 seconds, this handy app makes it possible…with the fewest number of keystrokes! This app is simple to use, takes up very little space, and makes sharing screengrabs (or just keeping them stored somewhere other than your desktop) very simple.
Version reviewed: 1.0.2
Supported OS: OS X 10.5 or later
Download size: 1.1 MB