As someone who suffers from crippling migraines, I know the value of tracking your symptoms. It took me years of journalling to figure out what my triggers were. People who suffer from migraines, depression, anxiety, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, or many other types of health problems can really benefit from tracking their diet, stress level, weight, activity, sleep patterns, and more. Having a journal is a great way to track things, but many of us prefer a digital tracking solution, such as Track & Share LITE.
What is it and what does it do
Track & Share LITE is an app for tracking your personal life choices, habits, stress levels, symptoms of illness and more. This tracking app allows you to better see the relationship between your symptoms and your activities, and can provide your doctor with a fuller picture of your life at your next checkup, allowing your doctor to better prescribe medications or other courses of action.
- Add notations to your tracking data (for example, if you record a high stress level, you could make a note saying that you were studying from the GREs)
- Easily see a graph of your data points, and also see how they relate to one another.
- Backup to iCloud or Dropbox, or share via email or Twitter
- Tracks sleep, weather, stress, happiness, and any other custom fields you want to add
- Great calendar view allows you to see an entire month’s worth of data at a glance, helping you to better see trends
- Export data to share with friends or a doctor in HTML or CSV format
- Interface is a little clunky at times
- You need the Pro version to access certain features, such as having more than 12 entries per item. (Pro version costs $4.99)
Track & Share LITE is ideal for people who want to see if their sleep patterns, diet, or activity level is linked to an existing medical condition. However, it is also great for people who have no specific health problems, and just want to track their mood or stress levels as they work towards a big goal.
In terms of customization, Track & Share LITE is pretty exceptional. You can add any custom field that you’d like, which makes this a great app for a whole variety of users. You can also link these fields to one of several pre-made scoring sets. These include “not at all — very much,” letter grades, low — high or light — heavy.
For a LITE version, this app is quite robust and useful. Upgrading to Pro will still be a necessary step for many users, but LITE never feels limited or cheap.
Conclusion and download link
While the interface isn’t my favorite, this tracking program is pretty simple to use and get the hang of. You can tell that it has been put together by a developer who really cares, and that’s nice. Overall, if you want to try and find a correlation between a health issue and your lifestyle choices, Track & Share LITE may be just what you’ve been looking for. It’s a solid app, and its use of color makes it extra helpful for tracking long-term trends in your health and outlook.
Version reviewed: 4.0.0
Supported OS: Requires iOS 5.0 or later
Download size: 13.4 MB