How to root ZTE Flash on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich [Guide]September 12, 2013 0 Email article | Print article
Have a ZTE Flash that you want to get a little more out of? This guide will teach you exactly how you can root your device! In no time at all you’ll have root access on your ZTE Flash, which will open the door to endless possibilities.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
This root guide is for the ZTE Flash running Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. It is specifically for the ZTE Flash.
Take note this will wipe all your files and data on your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
In order for your device to register correctly on Windows, download the ZTE drivers and install them onto your PC (if you haven’t done so already). The ZTE USB drivers can be found at this link.
Your ZTE Flash needs to be in USB debugging mode. Go to Settings, then Developer options, and then check the box that says USB debugging.
Have your micro USB cable handy.
Download the root package, and extract it to a folder onto the desktop of your PC. The root package can be downloaded from this link.
How To Root ZTE Flash
- Connect your ZTE Flash to your Computer with your micro USBcable.
- Verify that you have USB debugging enabled on your ZTE Flash
- Go to the folder where you extracted the root page to on your Desktop.
- Find the file called RunMe.bat and execute it. Select normal mode, and follow all the instructions that RunMe.bat gives you. Make sure you read every detail carefully.
- After RunMe.bat finishes what it’s doing on your ZTE Flash you’ll have root!
Enjoy a rooted ZTE Flash.