Have a LG Optimus Extreme L40G that you want to get a little more out of? This guide will teach you exactly how you can root your device! In no time at all you’ll have root access on your LG Optimus Extreme L40G, which will open the door to endless possibilities.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
This root guide is for the LG Optimus Extreme L40G running Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. is specifically for the LG Optimus Extreme L40G.
Take note this will wipe all your files and data on your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
Download the LG Optimus Extreme L40G drivers and install them onto your PC (if you haven’t done so already). The LG Optimus Extreme L40G USB drivers can be found at this link .
Your LG Optimus Extreme L40G needs to be in USB debugging mode. Go to Settings, then Developer options, and then check the box that says USB debugging.
Have your micro USB cable handy.
Download the root package, and extract it to a folder onto the desktop of your PC. The root package can be found by following this link .
How To Root LG Optimus Extreme L40G
- Begin the hard reset process on your device by holding down Power, Volume Down, Volume Up and Home at the same time. Release the power button when you see the LG logo appear on your screen.
- Instructions will appear on your screen on how to hard reset it. Once you’ve done so, reboot into Android.
- Plug your LG Optimus Extreme L40G to your PC using your micro USBcable.
- Check that you have USB debugging enabled.
- Navigate to the folder in which you extracted the root page to on your Desktop.
- Inside the root package, find a file named RunMe.bat and execute it. Select normal mode, and follow all the instructions that RunMe.bat tells you. Be sure you read every detail.
- You may encounter some errors during the rooting process: keep trying until it moves all of the files to your device.
- After RunMe.bat finishes what it’s doing on your LG Optimus Extreme L40G you’ll have root!
Enjoy a rooted LG Optimus Extreme L40G.
[via androidaddition ]