The good thing about having so many video file formats is that it gives choice. The bad thing about having so many video file formats is that not all devices support all the same formats, which is why many people need to make use of video converters. dotTech has a review on the best free video converters for Windows to help you find free and excellent video converters. However, if you are unhappy with our freeware selections, WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro is here for you. Let’s see if it is worth your time.
WHAT IS IT AND WHAT DOES IT DO
WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro is a video converter plus an online video downloader.
- Converts both SD and HD videos (SD -> SD, SD -> HD, HD -> SD, HD -> SD)
- Does both audio and video conversions: audio -> audio, video -> audio, video -> video
- Supports many input and output formats, with support for specific electronic devices (see table to the right for more detail)
- In addition to convert audio/video, can download online videos from websites such as YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Liveleak, and Metacafe
- Supports batch processing
- Allows you to perform basic edits on input files before conversion:
- Clip, crop, rotate 90 degrees clockwise/counterclockwise, and flip horizontally/vertically
- Add effect: Highlight, Darken, Gray Scale, Bright, Pencil Drawing, Blur, Sharpen, Emboss, Noise, Mosaic, Old Film
- Add subtitles (ASS, SRT)
- Allows you to customize output settings: video resolution, bit rate, aspect ratio, frame rate, encoder, audio channels, bit rate, volume, encoder, and sample rate
- Supports multi-core CPUs and GPU acceleration: NVIDIA CUDA and AMD APP
- Performs well: good conversion speed, good conversion quality
- Well designed interface, easy to use
- No offline help
- Can only apply one filter at a time to videos
- When batch processing, all input files must be converted to the same output format with the same output settings — you can’t customize each input file individually
- No support for 3D conversions
- Seriously, what is with the really the long name for a bloody video converter? o_O
CONCLUSION AND DOWNLOAD LINK
WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro is good program. It provides you with all the features you would want in a video converter and has pretty much all the features found in other video converter programs, plus it tries to give you something value-added: the ability to download online videos. However, WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro isn’t a great program… simply because it doesn’t offer you anything special which you can’t find elsewhere. Sure, it is nice to have an online video downloader bundled with a video converter but, really, you can get video converting and video downloaded capabilities in dozens of programs… including many freeware ones.
Now, it should be said, video converting is a matured field and there really isn’t much – if anything — you can do to make a “great” video converter. Still, though, the question remains: why pay $29.95 for WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro? The only reason I can think of is you appreciate the fact that it does video conversions and downloading in one program. Aside from that, I see no reason. That is not to say the program is bad; as I have said, it isn’t bad. It just isn’t anything special.
If you want to get WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro, by all means do so; they have a trial which you can test before purchasing. My recommendation, however, is you save your money and check out freeware video converters and freeware video downloaders — which provide you with the same functionality as WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro… for free. Read dotTech’s review on best free video converters to learn more and check out EagleGet, a free download manager and video downloader in one.