Quitting Safari when you have multiple tabs open on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch can be quite a pain. Unlike on the Mac, which closes all open tabs when you quit Safari, the iOS version needs you to close each tab individually, which can be quite irritating, especially when you have loads of tabs open. And surprisingly, there seems to be no way to close all Safari tabs at once in iOS 7.
Here’s a nifty little workaround that lets you do just that, and it works on all iOS devices running iOS 7.
How To Close All Safari Tabs At Once in iOS 7
- Open Safari
- Open multiple tabs in Safari
- Look for the Private button in Safari ( On iPads, it should be at the bottom-left. on iPhones, click Tab View and find it at the bottom-left), Tap on it
- You should now see a pop-up dialog box asking you whether you want to Close All Tabs
- Tap the button to close all open tabs and put Safari into Private Mode
- Hit the Private button again to go back to normal mode.
This is a neat workaround if you want to close all your open tabs and start afresh in iOS 7. It works with all i-devices running iOS 7 or later.