Staring at the same old wallpaper on your Android home screen can be pretty boring but why bother when you can opt to make it more livelier and no, we aren’t talking about using those conventional live wallpapers. Instead, you can automatically set your wallpapers to refresh at a given time interval. So it’s like you have an unlimited stream of high quality background images. There’s also no need for you to manually change them from time to time. All you need to do is to download and install this interesting wallpaper app for Android called “Bitmado”.
What Is It and What Does It Do
Bitmado defines itself as a battery-friendly “shuffling wallpaper engine”. With this app, you can enjoy an unlimited supply of beautiful and elegant wallpapers for your Android smartphone or tablet. With Bitmado, you can …
- Enjoy an unlimited stream of high quality user-uploaded wallpapers
- Set your wallpapers to automatically refresh at a given time interval
- Manually set your favorite wallpaper as “Sticky” which means that you can keep it on your home screen for as long as you like
- Upload and share your own wallpapers to the Bitmado community
- You can upvote, downvote or bump the photos that were uploaded by other users
- You can explore the community for more interesting wallpapers and follow your favorite “mados” – a feature that is similar to a category or hashtag
- Easy to use, neat and responsive UI
- Features a wide selection of high-quality wallpapers so there’s no need for you to download them from other sources
- Configurable user settings
- Has its own community where users can freely upload and share their own wallpapers
- Users can vote (upvote, downvote or bump) to rate the quality of the wallpapers that were uploaded by their fellow users
- You cannot view the app in landscape mode
- The wallpapers cannot be adjusted in such a way that they would fit properly on your device screen (by default, the wallpaper will be placed on the center of your screen)
- You cannot do a simple finger swipe or hand gesture to manually refresh or change the wallpaper on your screen
- Requires Android 4.1 and up
To put it simply, Bitmado is a rotating wallpaper app with social integration. So aside from the fact that it lets you enjoy an unlimited supply of wallpapers, it also encourages you to participate in its wallpaper sharing community. It should also be noted that the votes play a crucial role in determining the type of wallpapers that would appear on your screen. In other words, if a certain wallpaper gets enough votes to make it to the Front Page, then it will most certain be included in your roster of rotating wallpapers.
The way how this app works is also very simple. All you need to do is to link your Facebook or Google Plus account into the app. After which, do not forget to set the app as your live wallpaper and that’s it. You can check the app’s Front Page to see all of the wallpapers that would be appearing on your phone or tablet’s home screen. If, in case, you wish to change or update the app’s default preferences, then all you need to do is to view its sliding panel then go to “Settings”.
Anyways, what I like about this app is that it’s very easy to configure. With Bitmado, you have the option to set the refresh rate of the wallpapers that would appear on your home screen. Other than this, you can also opt to manually set a single wallpaper to appear on your home screen for as long as you like. You can also follow certain categories aka “mados” especially those that falls into your line of interest. For example, you can follow mados about nature, space, wildlife, etc.
All in all, I can say that Bitmado is a cool and interesting app. Its functionality is quite similar to Daydream and 500 Firepaper  but what makes it different is the fact that it lets you upload and share your own wallpapers. It also gauges the quality of its wallpapers based on the number of votes. However, I do think that it can still be improved in many ways like, for example, it lacks support for landscape view. I also noticed that it doesn’t automatically adjust the orientation of its wallpapers so they just usually appear on the center of your home screen. There’s also no way that you can manually adjust the orientation so that the images would automatically fit on your tablet or smartphone screen.
Conclusion and Download Link
The current version of Bitmado may not be as good and as appealing as Daydream or 500 Firepaper but it certainly does the job. Right now, its strongest point is its community-driven wallpaper sharing system but I think it still needs to work on some of its most essential features like its wallpaper orientation, user interface orientation, gesture controls, etc. Anyhow, if you are currently looking for a good app that would let you update or refresh your wallpapers without any hassle, then I strongly suggest that you give this app a try.
Version reviewed: 2.4.2
Requires: Android 4.1 and up
Download size: 3.3MB