In Windows, managing your photos is quite easy but wouldn’t it be great if you can make it even more easier? Come to think of it, you can’t really edit or add watermarks to your photos that easily especially if you are just relying on computer’s default photo viewer. Fortunately, you can download and install a free photo management software like Photoimp.
What Is It and What Does It Do
If you aren’t familiar with Photoimp, it’s basically a free photo manager for Windows. With Photoimp, you can view, edit, convert and manage your photos. It also lets you view your photo’s Exif data. What’s great about this software is that it supports batch processing so it makes it easier for you to rotate, resize, delete or add watermarks to your photos. It is also very simple to use so it’s ideal for users of all levels.
Speaking of which, here’s a more detailed list of the things that you can do with this free photo management software for Windows:
- View, manage, convert, rotate and resize your photos
- Import photos from your camera or SD card
- Export your photos to a different folder or file directory
- Edit and add visual watermarks (text, image or line) to your photos
- Set any image or photo as wallpaper
- View your photo’s Exif data
- Easy to use – suitable for users of all levels
- Neat, stable and responsive UI
- You can import photos directly from your camera or SD card
- Supports batch processing – lets you edit, resize, rotate or delete multiple photos at once
- You can convert your photos to JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, PSD or vice versa
- Supports a wide range of image formats – JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, TIFF, etc.
- Features a wide range of tools and options for editing and managing your images
- The file directory is integrated with the software’s UI
- There’s no search option
- You cannot change the layout style
- The “add watermark” option won’t let you rotate your watermarks
- You can’t change the software’s theme to light
Photoimp for Windows is a well-designed photo manager that is easy to use and suitable for users of all levels. The installation process for this software is also very simple and direct. You will be guided with on-screen instructions throughout the entire process. Once you’ve successfully installed the software, you simply need to launch it from your list of programs and after which, you are all set to view, manage or edit your images. Moreover, this software supports almost all types of image file formats such as JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF, etc. You can also import your photos directly from your camera or SD card.
What I like most about this software is that it supports basic image editing and batch image processing. It also lets you add watermarks to your photos. As a matter of fact, you can add watermarks in the form of text, image or line. You can even change the settings, blending mode, appearance and position of your watermarks. Aside from this, this photo manager lets you browse for photos directly using its built-in file directory. Thus, it makes it even more easier for you to drag, drop and transfer your files from one folder to another.
In addition, the basic editing tools that you can use aren’t that difficult to familiarize. So if you want to enhance your photos, you can just pick among its set of tools like auto enhance, gamma, brightness, contrast, sharpness, rotate, zoom, colorize, etc. You can also apply basic filters to your photos (ex. black and white, sepia). Furthermore, this tool will also you convert and resize your photos. You can even adjust the quality and smoothness of your converted photo.
To sum it up, I can say that Photoimp is a reliable photo manager. I like the fact that it supports basic image editing. I also like the fact that it can batch watermark your photos. Even so, it could have been much better if it would allow its users to rotate the watermarks since the options are only limited to positioning the watermark to top-left, top-right, bottom-left, bottom-right and center. I also noticed that it lacks a search option plus you cannot change the layout of its UI. It would also be great if it would support some additional themes since not all users would prefer a dark-themed UI.
Conclusion and Download Link
Photoimp has value-added features that you can’t normally find on other photo managers. It is also very stable and responsive plus it flaunts a well-designed user interface that is suitable for users of all levels. It’s a must have software for photo enthusiasts. It may lack in certain aspects but as a whole, this software has definitely proven its worth. So feel free to try it out.
Version reviewed: 2.2
Supported OS: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
Download size: 4.64MB
VirusTotal malware scan results: 0/51 
Is it portable? No