Gizmodo got its hands on a lost iPhone 4 (the next iPhone set to be released this summer). Gizmodo posted an article – which has secured over 3 million hits in less than 24 hours – that leaked details about the iPhone 4. Some predict the demise of Gizmodo by the hands of Apple legal. So get the scoop before Steve Jobs nukes Gawker Media!
- Front-facing video chat camera
- Improved regular back-camera (the lens is quite noticeably larger than the iPhone 3GS)
- Camera flash
- Micro-SIM instead of standard SIM (like the iPad)
- Improved display. It’s unclear if it’s the 960×640 display thrown around before—it certainly looks like it, with the “Connect to iTunes” screen displaying much higher resolution than on a 3GS.
- What looks to be a secondary mic for noise cancellation, at the top, next to the headphone jack
- Split buttons for volume
- Power, mute, and volume buttons are all metallic
- The back is entirely flat, made of either glass (more likely) or ceramic or shiny plastic in order for the cell signal to poke through. Tapping on the back makes a more hollow and higher pitched sound compared to tapping on the glass on the front/screen, but that could just be the orientation of components inside making for a different sound
- An aluminum border going completely around the outside
- Slightly smaller screen than the 3GS (but seemingly higher resolution)
- Everything is more squared off
- 3 grams heavier
- 16% Larger battery
- Internals components are shrunken, miniaturized and reduced to make room for the larger battery
Learn about the iPhone 4 in full detail from Gizmodo.com .