Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. Ashraf and dotTech are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
This method uses software that only runs on Windows, so you’ll need access to a Windows machine to root the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the ‘Samsung Android USB Driver for Windows‘.
- Download ‘Odin‘, which you can find linked in the first post.
- Download ‘CF-Root‘, which is also available in the first post.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY K ZOOM
To root the Galaxy K Zoom, follow the steps below:
- Extract the files from both Odin and CF-Root which you downloaded earlier. (Right click Odin and CF-Root then select Extract here)
- Launch the Odin executable.
- Click on PDA and select the CF-Root file that you extracted in Step 1.
- Verify that Repartition is unchecked in the Odin menu.
- Check the boxes for both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom.
- Turn it back on by holding down the Power, Home and Volume Down buttons at the same time.
- Press the Volume Up button to bring it into Download mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom to your PC via a USB cable.
- An indicator box on Odin should turn yellow, which will tell you if you’re device has been successfully recognized by your computer.
- Click on Start on Odin, and the process of flashing the CF-Root file on your device should begin.
- Your device should automatically reboot after being flashed.
- You’re done!
To verify that you’ve successfully rooted the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom, you can download Root Checker from the Play Store to verify it. Enjoy your rooted Galaxy K Zoom!