Some of you may already know how to remove or delete comments from Instagram. However, there are also those who are still completely new to the app and could use some guidance. If you belong to the latter, then better read on.
In Instagram, you can like and add comments to the photos of others and vice versa. This is a good way to interact with other users but what if you want to take back what you said? What if you’ve made some typos? How do you actually delete a comment that you’ve already posted on Instagram?
Well, it’s very simple. All you need to do is to follow the steps listed below.
How to delete a comment from Instagram in Android
- On your Android smartphone or tablet, make sure you’re already logged in to your Instagram account. If not, then log in first.
- Once you’re logged in, add a simple comment on one of the photos that appears on your feed.
- After placing your comment, just press the back button and then press the comment bubble again.
- This time, you are going to delete the comment that you’ve recently made. To do so, simple tap the comment that you wish to delete.
- A new dialog will appear. Just select “Delete Comment” from the list.
- Another dialog will appear. Once again, select “Delete”.
So that’s it.
How to delete someone else’s comment on Instagram
In the same manner, you can also delete someone else’s comments on any of your photos. Just tap the comment bubble under your photo then select the comment that you wish to remove. A new dialog will open. Just select “Delete Comment” from the list of options then press “Delete” again to confirm. It’s that simple.
By knowing how to delete comments on Instagram, you can prevent spam and correct typos. Unfortunately, there’s still no way for you to edit your photo captions.