Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. Ashraf and dotTech are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S5
To root the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, follow the steps below:
- Make sure that “Unknown sources” is enabled on your device. You can find this in Menu, Settings then Security.
- Launch your device’s web browser, then head over to the Towelroot website.
- Tap on the big orange lambda icon in the middle, which should initiate a download.
- Open your file manager and tap on Towelroot to install it.
- Open your app drawer and launch Towelroot.
- Select “Make it ra1n” to begin the rooting process.
- Download SuperSU from the Google Play Store.
- Your device has successfully been rooted, congrats!
To verify that you’ve successfully rooted the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, you can download Root Checker from the Play Store to verify it. Enjoy your rooted Samsung Galaxy S5 Active!