Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. Ashraf and dotTech are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the necessary Samsung drivers for your device.
- Download ‘Odin‘ and save it on your PC.
- Download ‘CWM Recovery‘ and save it on your PC.
- Download ‘Superuser‘ and save it on your PC.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 ZOOM?
To root the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom, follow the steps below:
- Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
- Copy ‘Superuser.zip’ from your PC to your device’s root memory.
- Unplug and turn off your device.
- Turn on your device again by holding down the Power, Home and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Enter Download mode by pressing Volume Up.
- Extract the files from ‘Odin’ then launch the Odin executable.
- Make sure that the ‘Repartition’ and ‘Auto Reboot’ options are unchecked in Odin.
- Click ‘PDA’ then select ‘CWM Recovery’.
- Connect your device to your PC again and select Start on Odin to begin the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process has completed, remove the battery from your device.
- Place the battery back into your device and turn it on by holding down the Power, Home and Volume Up buttons simultaneously.
- Your device should now be booted into recovery mode.
- Choose ‘install zip’ from SD card then ‘choose zip’ from SD card.
- Select Superuser.zip to begin the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process is complete, select ‘Reboot system now’.
- Your device has successfully been rooted, congrats!
To verify that you’ve successfully rooted the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom, you can download Root Checker from the Play Store to verify it. Enjoy your rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom!