Missed out on Paragon Virtualization Manager back in May? Well here is your chance to get it again. Virtualization is a technology that has been discussed on dotTech many times in the past, such as my article on Disk2vhd, my article on Paragon Go Virtual or Locutus’ three-part series on virtual machines. Paragon Virtualization Manager is program that provides functionality similar to Disk2vhd and Paragon Go Virtual (it is the shareware version of Paragon Go Virtual), but adds in more features: Paragon Virtualization Manager can virtualize your computer and devirtualize it. Here is the official description of the software (as per the developer):
Easily migrate a Windows-based computer to a virtual environment (P2V) and vice versa (V2P). Work with virtual disks from one easy-to-use interface of Virtualization Manager, without starting a virtual machine: migrate from one virtual environment to another (V2V), exchange data between your physical environment and the virtual one, perform any partitioning operations and more. Recover the OS startup ability after a system migration to a different hardware or unsuccessful virtualization by a 3rd party tool.
These are the major features as per the developer:
- Migrate a Windows-based computer to a virtual environment (P2V)
- Migrate from a virtual environment to physical (V2P)
- Virtualize system from its backup image (P2V)
- Migrate from one virtual environment to another (V2V)
- Recover the OS startup ability after system migration to a different hardware or unsuccessful virtualization by a 3rd party tool (P2P and P2V Adjust)
- Clone a partition or an entire hard disk
- Exchange data between your physical environment and the virtual one, or between a virtual disk and its snapshots
- Accomplish virtual drive partitioning (create, format, delete, move, resize etc.)
If users want to know dotTech’s opinion about Paragon Virualization Manager, one can read dotTech’s article on Paragon Go Virtual (the freeware version of Paragon Virtualizer Manager) or dotTech’s review of Paragon Virtualization Manager 2009.
To get Paragon Virtualization Manager 2010 for free, follow these simple directions:
Version being given out for free: v9.5 Build 10515
Free updates: No
Supported OS: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Win 7
Download size: 78 MB
- Visit the Softpedia promotion page and download the Paragon Virtualization Manager.
- After the download has finished, extract the program.
- After the program has extracted, the installer will launch. Click on the “Registration” button…
…to open up the registration page where you can register for the free keycode:
- After you have registered, check the inbox of the e-mail address you registered with. There should be an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of Your Product Registration for Paragon Virtualization Manager 9.5 Personal (English)?. In the e-mail you will find your program registration information:
- Go back to the program installer and start installing Paragon Virtualization Manager:
- During installation you will be asked to register the program:
Enter the registration information you received via e-mail and finish installing.
If you are having trouble getting Paragon Virtualization Manager 2010 for free, post below and other dotTechies or I will try to help.
NOTE: Unless specifically stated otherwise in the article above, Paragon Virtualization Manager 2010 has not been tested or reviewed by dotTech (aside from checking to make sure this promotion is valid). Please do not take this post as an endorsement/rejection or review of the program. This article is simply to inform about the availability of this program as a freebie.