Update: Please continually refer to dotTech’s forum thread on FormatFactory updates  to keep in the circle about new FormatFactory features and updates.
For those who don’t know what FormatFactory is please refer back to my original post  to read up on it.
A couple of days ago while checking out software updater programs for the 5 free tools that will help you keep your software up-to-date  article I discovered that there was a new version of FormatFactory out (v1.80). At the time I did not think of much it (I actually did not even update to the new version my self). Just a few seconds ago Chuck, a dotTech reader, just posted about this version release also. That got me thinking I should update to the new version myself and make a post informing everyone about this since I know may people have gotten FormatFactory since I recommended it .
Here are the changes in v1.80 as per the developer:
- Added “All to MKV”.
- Added H264,DIVX,XVID codec advanced configuration.
- Added supporting of H264,DIVX,XVID 2 pass encoding.
- Added Video,Audio file’s split and preview function.
- Generate THM files automatically after PSP MP4 converted.
- Fixed WMA encoding problem.
- Added several language files to support up to 45 kinds of languages.
- Fixed some problems of video merging.
- Improved DVD Ripper function.
- Added aspect ratio of the video file configuration settings.
When you download v1.80 you will first be prompted to uninstall v1.70. After that you can install v1.80 normally. However there is one thing to note at the last screen of the installer, where you must click “Finish” there will be an option that says “Freeware sponsers: Create eBay shortcut on desktop”:
It will be checked by default. Be sure to uncheck it.
Here are the download links for FormatFactory v1.80:
Download link 1 
Download link 2 
Download link 3 
Download link 4  (Chinese mirror)