UPDATE: This root method has been blocked. Please see this guide  for the new root method.
The HTC One X is a bit notorious for its rooting procedure, but we will show you how to the easy way.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
This root guide is for the HTC One X on Ice Cream Sandwich. It should work on all models, including the AT&T model and international model. However, proceed at your own risk!
Before We Begin
You need the following before you can start to root your HTC One X:
- One-click root tool . Download this to your computer and extra the files after you have downloaded it.
- HTC USB drivers for Windows . Install the drivers if you haven’t already. If you are running this on Linx or Mac, make sure you have those respective drivers installed.
How To Root HTC One X
The root your HTC One X, do the following:
- Make sure your HTC One X has USB debugging checked ON under Settings -> Developer options.
- Connect the HTC One X to your computer via USB cord and make sure it is set to “Charge Only”.
- Find the files you extracted earlier and run root.bat if you are on Windows, root-linux.sh if you are on Linxu, and root-mac.sh if you are on Mac.
- Let it do its thing. It might take some time, but your phone should reboot three times while the program runs.
- Your phone is rooted, just like that!
[via XDA-Developers ]