[iPhone, iPad] SeizeTheDay is a simple to-do list appOctober 2, 2012 0 Email article | Print article
What is it and what does it do
SeizeTheDay is a task tracking app that brings today’s tasks and shows them to your first, and places all other tasks accordingly. It allows you to see completed tasks and schedule new ones according to their deadline and set when you want to be reminded about them.
- List tasks by date and time of deadline
- Automatically separates tasks into three lists based on timeliness
- Allows you to tag tasks for easy reference
- Add notes for detailing each task
- Allows you to set the priority level for the task
- Calendar view and list view
- Schedule reminders for each task
- Sync with Google Calendar
- No ability to group tasks or make projects
- Completed tasks become a long confusing list
- No ability to associate outside files with tasks, e.g. documents, images, videos, external links, etc.
This task management app allows you to keep track of tasks by their due date. It stores tasks in lists based on date due, including a list for: “Today”, “Upcoming”, and “At Some Point”. Completed tasks are stored separately. You are able to set the priority of each task to determine how each list will be ordered, schedule reminders for each task, and list tags for quick referencing. You can also sync tasks with your Google account.
The simplicity of this app is both a strength and a weakness. It is a quick easy fix for scheduling simple tasks to check off at a later date, but you are unable to group tasks or chart progress. Plus there is no way to attach files to tasks, which is a feature some of the other to-do list apps offer.
Conclusion and Download Link
Given its simplicity, this app offers enough features to manage your time efficiently, but complex projects with lists of goals or objectives would not be ideal for this app. This app is best as a simple task check list.
Version Reviewed: 2.0.1
Download Size: 1.8 MB
Requires: iOS 4.2 or later — iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad (2X mode)