EMDB is a great program to help you keep your whole DVD collection up-to-date. Regardless if your videos are stored digitally or on a DVD, you can enter them into this database and see which movies you own quickly. Not only that, but information can be added about each movie straight from IMDB.
WHAT IS IT AND WHAT DOES IT DO
EMDB allows you to keep your entire DVD collection up-to-date and well-organized. This program works best when you have videos stored right on your computer. However, it can be used to quickly add information about any individual movie you add — regardless of it the video is on your computer or on a CD/DVD. There’s no better way to keep up with your DVD collection.
Take note EMDB will not rip your DVDs and store them on your computer for it. It is for creating a reference database of the DVDs you own.
- Bookshelf-like view allows you to quickly scan your eyes over your DVD collection to find the movie you are looking for. You can switch to a list “view” if you prefer
- Offers an option to search your hard disk for movies
- If the movie is saved on your computer, then you can simply click on the movie you want to watch from your bookshelf to automatically start the movie
- Information about each movie can be added automatically from IMDB
- Updating information from IMDB takes only seconds and provides you with information like the genre, the movie’s cover art, IMBD’s movie rating, cast, and even a plot of the movie
- Allows you to rate all the movies in your collection
- You can list movies as “Seen”, “Want” and “Own”. You can filter using these same categories. You can also sort your movies in many different ways (like name, Year, and rating)
- If you have no digital movies stored on your computer, this program works only as a digital databank for movies you own, and information about said movie
- If you have a huge DVD library, adding all your movies could take awhile
For being such a simple program, I actually enjoyed using EMDB. The program has a very simple task, but it handles it easily. It makes looking through your DVD collection seem almost fun! On top of that, the program is small, doesn’t use up a lot of computer resources, and is free!
Using the program is about as simple as it can be. Once you start up the program, simply click the “Add” button to start your collection. On the next screen, just add in the name of your movie, and click “Search EMDB.” After the search is done (which takes just seconds) you can click on your movie from the list it finds, and all of the information about the movie will be automatically added into your form. Now, you can fill in a bit of your own information, like if you’ve just “Seen” it or if you “Own” it, as well as your own personal rating.
If you want, when you click “Add” to enter in a new movie, there is also an option you can use to search your hard disk for movies. If you have tons of movies stored on your computer, this could be the best way to enter them all into this database.
I found that the program works best if you have movies on your computer and your computer is hooked up to your TV. Then you can simply start this program and view your selection of DVDs right from where you are sitting. Once you find a movie you want (if it is on your computer), simply click on that movie and hit play. Your movie will start right up. It’s like having a virtual collection of DVDs at your fingertips. At the very least, it may give you a reason to want digital copies of all of your DVDs, if you didn’t already.
CONCLUSION AND DOWNLOAD LINK
EMDB is not going to win any awards for doing something “amazing”, but it is a fun, free program that you can use. If you have a lot of DVDs in your collection, it could take a while to add all of them, but in the end, it may be worth it just to have a virtual collection of DVDs with all of the information already filled out for you. Overall, it is a great program that I am sure to use again.
Version reviewed: 1.63
Supported OS: Windows Vista / 7/ 8
Download size: 1.51MB
VirusTotal malware scan results: 1/45
Is it portable? No