Fitter Fitness Calculator & Weight Tracker is an iPhone app developed by MigoApps LLC. This full-featured free fitness app lets you track your BMI, percentage of body fat, basal metabolic rate, and more. Better still, you can track your info over time using charts.
What is it and what does it do
Fitter Fitness Calculator & Weight Tracker is designed to appeal to the curious user who is already at a healthy weight, as well as users who know they are overweight and want to track their progress back to a safe, healthy body weight. It’s also easy to share your progress via social media, or export your data (if you’re willing to pay a few bucks extra for an in-app upgrade.)
- Simple to navigate
- Attractive design
- Robust calculator tool lets you calculate BMI, BMR, body fat percentage, and waist-to-hip body ratio
- Able to set weight-loss goals by target weight, and see how many days that will take to accomplish
- Great info about what BMI, BMR and the other measurement tools actually mean for your health
- Some of the better features, such as passcode lock, data exporting, cloud support, and the ability to set your current weight on the app icon “bubble,” simply aren’t supported unless you pay $1.99 for the in-app upgrade
- Ad supported with a banner ad along the top of the screen
- No calorie or meal tracking in the app
Fitter Fitness Calculator & Weight Tracker makes calculating your BMI simple. But there are plenty of other apps that also do that. So what makes this app special? Well, you get a more well-rounded exploration of your fitness level, as you are also tracking your basal metabolic rate (BMR), as well as the fat percentage in your whole body, and the ratio of your waist to your hips (which can be indicative of your risk of heart disease or other related ailments.)
For those of you who are new to fitness apps, the BMI is your Body Mass Index. Based on your weight and height, this calculator tells you if your total body mass is healthy for someone of your height. BMR, on the other hand, is a measure of the bare minimum of calories you burn in a day (such as if you spent all day in bed, doing nothing.)
Fitter Fitness Calculator & Weight Tracker doesn’t offer tools for tracking your daily caloric intake, and you have to upgrade to get some of the cooler fitness. But honestly, I don’t need or even miss those features. Just as it is, Fitter Fitness Calculator & Weight Tracker works great.
Conclusion and download link
Fitter Fitness Calculator & Weight Tracker is not the app for you if you’re looking for a tool to measure both weight loss and calories eaten each day. But if you don’t need a tool to help you measure your calorie intake, this app provides a wealth of health data that is easy to calculate and track. It may lack some bells and whistles in its un-upgraded form, but even the free version of the app is definitely worth adding to your phone’s app library.
Version reviewed: 1.3.3
Requires iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, iOS version 4.0 or later
Download size:6.1 MB