Yet another way to get Windows 7 for free: throw a [house] partyMay 16, 2011 10 Email article | Print article
I got an interesting e-mail from a dotTechie today (Emrys). The e-mail was a forward of an e-mail Emrys received from Microsoft encouraging Emrys to “throw a house party” and receive free Windows 7 in return. After I finished pouting about the fact that I was not invited, I looked into it. Interesting to say the least:
So… you throw a party and you get Windows 7 for free? Sounds like a plan.
What makes this throw-a-party-get-Windows-7-free even better is it is open to people living in 12 countries: Australia, Italy, Canada, Japan, Mexico, France, Spain, Germany, USA, Hong Kong, UK, and India.
For people interested, here is a little bit more detailed information:
- Parties will be held between October 22, 2009 – October 29, 2009.
- The available “themes” for the party are “PhotoPalooza”, “Media Mania”, “Settings up with Ease” and “Family Friendly Fun”.
- All hosts will receive:
- One limited Signature Edition Windows 7® Ultimate
- One Deck of Playing Cards with Windows 7® Desktop Design
- One Puzzle with Windows 7® Desktop Design
- One Poster with Windows 7® Desktop Design
- Ten Tote Bags with Windows 7® Desktop Design for hosts and guests
- Also included in USA party packs:
- One package of streamers for decoration
- One package of balloons for decoration
- One table top centerpiece for decoration
- One package of Windows 7® napkins
- Party packs will be delivered by October 10, 2009.
- All USA hosts will be entered to win a $750 notebook computer (64 winners in total).
You can sign up and receive more information from Windows 7 House Party homepage.
Ha-ha I also get the invite!