If you don’t have a personal assistant, then chances are that you rely on your friends, family, or co-workers to help you accomplish small tasks throughout the day. There are tons of different ways to ask for assistance, or assign tasks to someone. But if your current methods aren’t working, why not try something new. There’s an iPhone app called GET TOFU! that has been getting rave reviews.
What is it and what does it do
GET TOFU! gives you the power to send “to-do list” items to anyone in your social or professional circle. The app lets you send notification to contacts when they have a new “mission” to complete. Additionally, GET TOFU! alerts you when your target has downloaded their mission parameters, and another alert when the task has been completed.
- No need to sign up or link a social account: just enter your first name and you’re ready to go
- Simple to toggle between received missions and sent missions, and a list of completed missions is saved until deleted for future reference
- Great way to remind family or colleagues about important meetings, deadlines, or important tasks
- You can send only three missions per day using the free version. Need to send more missions? Upgrade to the full version from within the app for 99 cents
- You can only send missions to people who are on your contacts list: there is no way to send tasks to email accounts not in your contacts list
- Banner ad is placed too close to the navigation menu bar
So easy to set up and use. Just enter your name, and you’re ready to go. You can add friends easily from your contacts list, and send them a text or email with their mission.
The most recent version of GET TOFU! has a bunch of smart new features. Some of the best features include the ability to get a notification when a receiver deletes a task that has been assigned to them before it has been completed. Senders can also cancel missions that have been assigned. Recipients now also have the ability to “refuse” a task that has been assigned to them. The app icon also has a “push” number, so you can see how many tasks you have to complete today without even opening the app.
You can send only three missions per day using the free version. If you need to send more missions, you can upgrade to the full version from within the app for 99 cents. Other features of the full version include ad removal, customized notifications for recipients, and other extra perks. Getting ads removed alone is worth the price, and being able to send unlimited tasks makes a handy app into an essential one.
Conclusion and download link
If you want a task management tool that is simple to use and doesn’t take a long time to set up, GET TOFU! is worth checking out. It’s free, simple to set up, and has a great array of features. I can’t imagine a task management tool that is more user friendly. It’s perfect for everything from asking your significant other to put gas in the car to assigning a project to an employee.
Version reviewed: 1.25
Requires iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, iOS version 4.0 or later
Download size: 2.9 MB