[Windows] Combine audio files without re-encoding with All Free MP3 JoinerFebruary 1, 2013 3 Email article | Print article
I have reviewed programs from “All Free” before, and it was either a hit or miss. So when I downloaded All Free MP3 Joiner I was not sure what to expect. I mean, the task seems easy enough, but would the program actually work? Let’s find out.
WHAT IS IT AND WHAT DOES IT DO
All Free MP3 Joiner is a program that allows you to join music files together. Don’t let the name fool you. Just because it says MP3 joiner, doesn’t mean it can’t join together other audio files. Not only that, but just like many of All Free’s other programs, it can also be used as a standalone converter for audio files as a whole.
- Perfectly joins audio files into one large audio file
- Input audio files can be of same format or different formats, and you have the ability to control what output format you want
- Can join audio files without re-encoding (if input formats are all the same and you select the same output format as input format)
- Supports many input formats, including MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, FLAC, OGG, APE, AC3, AIFF, MP2, M4A, CDA, VOX, RA, RAM, and TTA
- Supports a handful of output formats: MP3, OGG, WMA, and WAV
- Features batch processing
- As with other “All Free” programs, this program comes with crapware — it tries to install a toolbar during installation (just click ‘Decline’ and/or uncheck boxes to avoid installing crapware)
- Would have been nice if they included a tool to trim or cut audio files so, instead of straight full joins, you could merge pieces of audio files together
- Only four output formats is a bit limited, even if they are four popular formats
Really, there is not much not to like about All Free MP3 Joiner. This is one of the programs that All Free makes that does what it is supposed to do. The program is simple to use, and that is one of my favorite things about it. Once it is installed, you simply open it, choose your music files and join them together. The program will do the rest!
There are not many audio files that All Free MP3 Joiner does not work with. When you first read the name, you may be under the impression that it only works for MP3 files. However, it works with all of the following format types: MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, FLAC, OGG, APE, AC3, AIFF, MP2, M4A, CDA, VOX, RA, RAM. and TTA. Output format support isn’t as extensive as input format support but still, popular audio formats are supported: MP3, OGG, WMA, and WAV.
Since the program features batch processing, you can join together tons of large audio files quickly.
That being said, the program does not offer much more than the ability to join audio files. For example, it would have been nice to see them include the ability to cut or trim audio files. I had a music file that had a large blank end to it. So when I joined it with another music file, that large empty span of music was left in there. The files joined perfectly, but it still almost felt like they were two separate files because of the empty space. If All Free MP3 Joiner had the ability to trim audio files before merging, I could have easily got rid of that blank end.
CONCLUSION AND DOWNLOAD LINK
In the end, my complaint about not allowing you to cut audio files before merging is very small. Sure it would be handy to be able to cut/trim audio files right within All Free MP3 Joiner, but it isn’t a deal breaker in the least. All Free MP3 Joiner is easy-to-use, does what it claims, and is completely free. Overall, it is a decent audio joiner that you should consider if you need such a program.
Version reviewed: 4.1.9
Supported OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7
Download size: 6.7MB
VirusTotal malware scan results: 0/44
Is it portable? No