October 22, 2008
The rules for posting on these forums are simple:
- Do not post anything that you would not want your mother/father/brother/sister/spouse/children/etc. to know about and/or see you visit;
- No posting about music, alcohol, interest, or pigs (aside from jokes).
The first rule I am very strict on – all moderators are instructed to delete posts that they feel are inappropriate by “family standards”. The second rule I still strict on but a little less (if that makes sense). It may seem like a weird rule but those three things are forbidden in my religion (Islam) and I feel like a ****ing guilty jerk if my website is used to propagate them.
- Any freebies, tutorials, reviews, tips, tricks, etc. taken from other websites should have a backlink provided at the end (when applicable);
- Any freebies posted must be 100% legit and legal. No cracks, warez, etc. nor are you allowed to post freebies that are for specific magazine subscribers only.
- Self promotion is allowed if
- You do not spam;
- You are clear about your association with the website/work you are posting about;
- You provide information on the topic you are posting about as opposed to just posting a backlink (when applicable).
These rules and regulations are subject to change at any time. Any thread or post found to be in defiance of these rules and regulations will be deleted promptly. Anyone found to continuously break them will be banned.
Rules about outgoing links
- No tinyURLs or otherwise modified URLs.
- No “click here”s-be more descriptive, IE “visit Chip.DE’s promotion page”
- Full links (http://dottech.org)are allowed
- Don’t link to EXEs or ZIPs unless absolutely necessary-link to the official promotion/developer’s page.
- Only official packages should be distributed.
Rules about freebies
- No code-sharing, even if they are the same for everyone
- No magazine-only freebies (as said above)
- Provide a backlink (as said above)
- Legal freebies only (as said above)
Effective 4:53PM GMT (I’m in Europe right now) breaking rules repeatedly will result in your post being editted by an administrator or moderator. We will store a copy of your post for 24 hours, and at that time, if you haven’t PMed us to restore your post, including why we should restore it, the copy will be deleted. The edit will simply be a short “This post has been deleted as it broke one or more rules”-like edit.
Most Users Ever Online: wp_sferrorlog
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 13
Newest Members: jadeangeloasufra, joe cool, firstname.lastname@example.org, maryglarkin, aliyar, rachelhuges
Administrators: Ashraf: 1800, Locutus: 1886, amnesia: 270