Download here: ftp://ftp2.avanquest.com/evaluation/Expe…AL_DEU.exe
May need your browser to translate
1) Run program, go to ‘Hilfe’ -> ‘Vollersion aktiverion’ and register with serial key
2) Close program
3) Go to C:\Program Files\Avanquest\PDF Experte 8 Professional. Find all the .DEU files and delete them .
4) You now have Experrt PDF 8 Pro in English.
Many thanks--works like a charm. Nice to have this software around!
The only thing I noticed as to the language issue, after deleting the German files (step 3 above--and maybe I missed a German file or 2 somewhere?): the "how often to check for updates" screen (easy enough to figure out) and the Help files remain in German. If there's a way to get the Help files in English, would be great to have around (please let me know if you've figured that out)--
Regardless, again, thanks! Great to have helpful (and free) software around.
And, another way to do it, direct to the English version and also to upgrade seemingly to the latest version (which the program's About screen refers to as version 9.0.80, but which also is referred to elsewhere as version 8.40.1030.10):
1. Download and install an earlier English trial version of the program, from:
2. Once installed, launch the program and use the following generic registration code (same code for all users) that Avanquest had provided for this version, to upgrade from the trial version to the full version--done under the program's Help tab:
At this point, the program's About screen, also under the Help tab, will have been revised to show that the full version has been registered (before this, the About tab will have noted that the version is a trial version).
3. When you first launch the program, the program's automatic Updater also will check and see that there is a more recent version--let the Updater download the files for the newer version (this will take as much time as the original download--all the program files will be downloaded again, in the latest version). As to the order of steps 2 and 3, I waited for the download of the updated files to be complete and then entered in the registration code--but it looks like you can complete the registration before and/or while the updated files are being downloaded.
4. When the download of the updated files is complete, exit the program and restart it, for the updated files to be installed.
You may hit a glitch with the update when you restart the program--you may get an error message along the lines of:
EXTERNAL EXCEPTION IN MODULE KERNELBASE.DLL
Avanquest provides the following information and solution:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q I am receiving a EXTERNAL EXCEPTION IN MODULE KERNELBASE.DLL error when I launch Expert PDF.
This problem can occur if the Liveupdate engine encounters a problem. To resolve this you update the Liveupdate engine manually. Please follow these instructions:
1. Click http://www.gspsupport.co.uk/media/patches/LUKernel.exe to download the update
2. When prompted Click on Save
3. Double-click on the file to launch it
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to install the update
5. Once the update has completed launch Expert PDF 8. You will be prompted that a product update is available.
6. Click on INSTALL
7. If any errors appear click on OK to accept them. The update will then install.
You will now be able to use Expert PDF.
This happened to me and the Avanquest solution ultimately did the trick (I hit a glitch with the process and ended up uninstalling my initial installation and starting from scratch again--the process went smoothly the second time).
One last thing-- although I was able to get the English version of the program at the link above (in step 1), some people have noted that the link for the English version isn't working, and have suggested an alternate download link:
I haven't researched that source further, apart from seeing that it seemingly is for full version 8.0.0140.0. I haven't tried installing that version to make sure that the above registration code works with it or that this version is pre-registered.
And a possible way, I think, to get the Help files in English, if you really want them and are going the German-language install route listed above (as vs. the “direct to English” route listed in the follow-up comments):
Download one of the English versions of the software listed in the “direct to English” method above (it can be the trial version); after installing the program, in the program’s directory folder, copy the two Help files, expertpdf and pdfeditor (listed as compiled HTML Help files); uninstall the English version; install the German version following the instructions above, including deleting the German-language files; and then copy the two English-language Help files into the program folder, overwriting the 2 files there. I haven’t tried this but am guessing that this will result in the Help files now displaying in English (but just to be on the safe side, I’d copy the 2 original Help files before overwriting them, in case you need them back).
You can also get English menus by editing a registry key, no need to delete files.
I used Nirsoft's RegScanner to search for "Avanquest" in the registry then altered the "locale" key from "deu" to "enu".
This is a tip from a forum posting on Tipradar.com on the same giveaway.
Most Users Ever Online: wp_sferrorlog
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 9
Newest Members: klode, rik71, ashish.2013, Jon Vance, Frank Dykes, theodas
Administrators: Ashraf (1741), Locutus (1886), amnesia (270)