Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2009 Compact - only 25,000 free licenses available (German version) | Freebies | Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2009 Compact - only 25,000 free licenses available (German version)
Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
December 19, 2009
6:50 PM
karen
Washington, DC Metro Area
dotTechie
Forum Posts: 878

http://www.chip.de/downloads/V…..31122.html

edit by amnesia

265.5mb

code: ChipXmasFbx53Nh9

December 19, 2009
7:14 PM
Locutus
Guru
Forum Posts: 1886

karen said:

http://www.chip.de/downloads/V…..31122.html

All-in-one suite to completely protect, maintain and manage your PC – Hard Disk Manager (HDM) provides you with all of the tools you need to manage today’s hard drives, including partitioning, backup, cloning, defrag, hard drive disposal, system management and system recovery. This comprehensive package of functionality is accessible from one easy-to-use interface, so you don’t need to buy and install each package individually by saving you time and money.

• Save your entire PC, including the operating system, applications, your settings, and all data files with easy-to-use backup tools.
  • Continue working on your computer while making backups.
  • Restore the entire disk contents in minutes – no reinstallations required!
  • Start the recovery process when booting your computer, even if your operating system has failed.
  • Easily partition your hard drives and keep them optimally sized.
  • Keep your system performing like it was when first installed.
  • Manage multiple operating systems (up to 16) on a hard drive.
  • Easily move data and system information between drives and partitions.
  • Tune your system for maximum performance with a powerful defragmentation utility.
  • Easily clone an existing drive or partition to a new one – with Windows Vista even to different hardware!
  • Expand your PCs storage capabilities with additional hard disks.
  • Maintain the confidentiality of your deleted data forever with a disk wiping utility.
  • All available Paragon Hard Disk Management technologies are available in one suite.
  • Flexible and reliable overall system control at a low cost.

Key Features and Benefits of HDM 2009 Suite at a glance:

Features Benefits
Complete set of tools HDM 2009 Suite provides you  with the most comprehensive hard drive maintenance tool available.
Intuitive user interface Easy to use wizards help you take full advantage of the power of HDM 2009 Suite.
Backup/Restore Backup or Restore to/from a spare drive, partition, Paragon's Backup Capsule, an external USB or FireWire HDD device, CD/DVD or Blu-ray disc. HDM 2009 makes both backup and restore a snap!
Hard Disk cloning In only a few clicks, copy entire hard drives or individual partitions with the Drive Copy tool.
File-level and Image-level backups   Add only changed or new files to a previously created image. Each backup level and each file can be restored separately! Restore your system anytime to a specified date.
Optimization and Defragmentation Defragmentation is the best method for achieving top system performance. The file system is always tuned for maximum performance.
Advanced Recovery Utilities Provides fast, easy and complete recovery (including operating system, software and data) in case of system crashes, hardware failure, or other disasters.
  Adaptive Restore A powerful and unique technology that allows you to restore Windows Vista to completely different types of hardware or even to virtual machines.
Imaging and Partitioning Advanced tools let you control your hard drive, the number of partitions and the type of backups you may need.
Disk Wiper Keep your personal data protected when exchanging or destroying a hard drive. Quickly and permanently delete all personal and confidential data.
Full MS Windows Vista support

Fully compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit and  64-bit). Includes updates and new product features as available throughout a renewable service period.

Upgradeable Demo Demo Version upgradeable to complete version – no further downloads or installations needed.

More here:  http://www.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-personal/features.html

Got my license!  Thanks, Karen.

Oh, the site that was :(
December 19, 2009
8:51 PM
amnesia
Admin
Forum Posts: 270

Have either of you installed this yet. It says it is compact, is it missing some features from the full version?

December 19, 2009
8:59 PM
karen
dotTechie

If you download it from Paragon’s site, the download is only half the size. The download from software.de includes both the 32 and 64 bit versions.

December 19, 2009
9:12 PM
amnesia
Admin

In that case I wonder if Kompakt means suite.

December 19, 2009
9:51 PM
karen
dotTechie

Well, I’ve installed it and activated it using the given key. But I cannot figure out how to get it into English. It doesn’t give any language choice in the installation.

The screenshots do look like the ones for the Hard Disk Manager Suite, but I cannot tell for sure since it is in German.

December 19, 2009
10:47 PM
Wheezer
dotTechie
Forum Posts: 786

amnesia said:In that case I wonder if Kompakt means suite.

Here's what google translate said:

adjective

1. compact
  2. solid
  3. squat

wheezertech.forumotion.com
December 19, 2009
11:16 PM
karen
dotTechie

It’s the same product. I installed the German one and then tried to install the English one I downloaded from Paragon’s website. The English installer actually recognized that there was already an install of the product because it prompted me (in German) to ‘Modify’, ‘Repair’, or ‘Remove’ the product (Modify or Repair didn’t make it change to English though). So I uninstalled the German version and installed the English one (the key doesn’t work on this so it was just a trial), I then copied all the program files elsewhere and uninstalled the English and reinstalled the German one and registered it. Then I compared lots of the file sizes between the two installations and the only difference seemed to be some *.qm files in /lang directories. All the .dll and .exe files were the same size.

Now if only I could get the full registered German version to use the English language files.

December 20, 2009
5:38 AM
tarzan007
Novice
Forum Posts: 47

thanks for the info :)

December 20, 2009
12:55 PM
karen
dotTechie

I figured out how to make it English, but it wasn’t pretty.
-install in English (trial version downloaded from Paragon site) first. Copy all the files to a safe place
-uninstall English version
-install German version from the software.de site
-register/activate German version
-copy the *_ea.qm and the help files (*.html and *.chm) from the English version to their appropriate places in the German version
-I renamed the german version files, but I don’t know if this was necessary
-edit the registry, searching for keys and values that contain ‘_de’. Rename the key or modify the value and change the ‘_de’ part to ‘_ea’.
-start up program and it is now in English.

December 20, 2009
1:03 PM
amnesia
Admin

I just got it going as well. I didn't go into the registry. I just compared the two versions side by side and deleted and copyed what i needed to.

December 20, 2009
1:35 PM
Locutus
Guru
Forum Posts: 1886

I'm just going to learn German.  It's a lot easier.

Oh, the site that was :(
December 20, 2009
2:21 PM
amnesia
Admin

Locutus said:I'm just going to learn German.  It's a lot easier.

lol, it probably would be.

For anyone wanting a program like this, have a look at the following.

http://dottech.org/freebies/2576

http://dottech.org/freewaresr/8127

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: wp_sferrorlog

Currently Online:
22 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

phoenix_rising: 899

karen: 878

Wheezer: 786

yourpalal: 647

PCbasics: 614

ebony: 548

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 11

Members: 9777

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 17

Topics: 2601

Newest Members: B61W, TinyCruz, Modestykim0, MonicaSocha, adityamathurji, johnsmithh43

Administrators: Ashraf: 1799, Locutus: 1886, amnesia: 270

Comments