edit by amnesia
All-in-one suite to completely protect, maintain and manage your PC – Hard Disk Manager (HDM) provides you with all of the tools you need to manage today’s hard drives, including partitioning, backup, cloning, defrag, hard drive disposal, system management and system recovery. This comprehensive package of functionality is accessible from one easy-to-use interface, so you don’t need to buy and install each package individually by saving you time and money.
- Save your entire PC, including the operating system, applications, your settings, and all data files with easy-to-use backup tools.
- Continue working on your computer while making backups.
- Restore the entire disk contents in minutes – no reinstallations required!
- Start the recovery process when booting your computer, even if your operating system has failed.
- Easily partition your hard drives and keep them optimally sized.
- Keep your system performing like it was when first installed.
- Manage multiple operating systems (up to 16) on a hard drive.
- Easily move data and system information between drives and partitions.
- Tune your system for maximum performance with a powerful defragmentation utility.
- Easily clone an existing drive or partition to a new one – with Windows Vista even to different hardware!
- Expand your PCs storage capabilities with additional hard disks.
- Maintain the confidentiality of your deleted data forever with a disk wiping utility.
- All available Paragon Hard Disk Management technologies are available in one suite.
- Flexible and reliable overall system control at a low cost.
Key Features and Benefits of HDM 2009 Suite at a glance:
Features Benefits Complete set of tools HDM 2009 Suite provides you with the most comprehensive hard drive maintenance tool available. Intuitive user interface Easy to use wizards help you take full advantage of the power of HDM 2009 Suite. Backup/Restore Backup or Restore to/from a spare drive, partition, Paragon's Backup Capsule, an external USB or FireWire HDD device, CD/DVD or Blu-ray disc. HDM 2009 makes both backup and restore a snap! Hard Disk cloning In only a few clicks, copy entire hard drives or individual partitions with the Drive Copy tool. File-level and Image-level backups Add only changed or new files to a previously created image. Each backup level and each file can be restored separately! Restore your system anytime to a specified date. Optimization and Defragmentation Defragmentation is the best method for achieving top system performance. The file system is always tuned for maximum performance. Advanced Recovery Utilities Provides fast, easy and complete recovery (including operating system, software and data) in case of system crashes, hardware failure, or other disasters. Adaptive Restore A powerful and unique technology that allows you to restore Windows Vista to completely different types of hardware or even to virtual machines. Imaging and Partitioning Advanced tools let you control your hard drive, the number of partitions and the type of backups you may need. Disk Wiper Keep your personal data protected when exchanging or destroying a hard drive. Quickly and permanently delete all personal and confidential data. Full MS Windows Vista support
Fully compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit). Includes updates and new product features as available throughout a renewable service period.
Upgradeable Demo Demo Version upgradeable to complete version – no further downloads or installations needed.
Got my license! Thanks, Karen.
amnesia said:In that case I wonder if Kompakt means suite.
Here's what google translate said:
It's the same product. I installed the German one and then tried to install the English one I downloaded from Paragon's website. The English installer actually recognized that there was already an install of the product because it prompted me (in German) to 'Modify', 'Repair', or 'Remove' the product (Modify or Repair didn't make it change to English though). So I uninstalled the German version and installed the English one (the key doesn't work on this so it was just a trial), I then copied all the program files elsewhere and uninstalled the English and reinstalled the German one and registered it. Then I compared lots of the file sizes between the two installations and the only difference seemed to be some *.qm files in /lang directories. All the .dll and .exe files were the same size.
Now if only I could get the full registered German version to use the English language files.
I figured out how to make it English, but it wasn't pretty.
-install in English (trial version downloaded from Paragon site) first. Copy all the files to a safe place
-uninstall English version
-install German version from the software.de site
-register/activate German version
-copy the *_ea.qm and the help files (*.html and *.chm) from the English version to their appropriate places in the German version
-I renamed the german version files, but I don't know if this was necessary
-edit the registry, searching for keys and values that contain '_de'. Rename the key or modify the value and change the '_de' part to '_ea'.
-start up program and it is now in English.
Most Users Ever Online: wp_sferrorlog
Currently Online: Becky Hu
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 9
Newest Members: nnplesner, iamyourobama, jerryond, Thavaprakash, catpav520, Gorus
Administrators: Ashraf (1741), Locutus (1886), amnesia (270)