November 27, 2010
Just found and installed My Commander (MyCo). As claimed it is fast, with a neat, simple, dual pane (with tabs) interface. The developer claims are as follows:
My Commander – fast file manager.
Based on microPlatform
My Commander Features:
- Based on microPlatform
- Copy, move, rename, files
- Create, copy , move, rename, folders
- Create jonctions, softlinks, hardlinks, mountpoints
- Create, extract ISO files
- Create, extract zip files
- Ultra portable, no install
- Based on new API of Windows 7
- Easy access to home folders, Download and Documents
- Copy, move, delete, rename files and folders
- Advanced overwrite dialog
- Secure delete files, shredder
- Sparse files support
- Create, delete, rename junctions, hardlinks, symlinks, mountpoints
- Built in file image viewer, supports jpg, png, tif, gif, wdp, bmp, ico
- Built in file hex viewer
- New Drag and Drop Support
- Built in archive handling: ZIP (read, create), ISO (create)
- File searching
- Multi rename tool
- Full Unicode support
- Tabbed dual-panel interface – horizontal and vertical
- History list
- Favorite locations
- Unicode file names everywhere
- File properties and context menu
- Change file attributes
- DOS command line
- Full support for all relevant keyboard shortcuts and keyboard navigation
- No messy DLLS to install (no OCX, VBX, VB, MFC, Flash, IE etc)
- No bulky runtime libraries required (no VB, JAVA etc)
- Compatible with 32-bit and 64bit versions of Windows7
- My Commander allows you to create virtual drives by mapping your favorite folder to a empty drive letter. The virtual drive looks as a hard disk and behaves as a real hard drive. It makes you save time to browse for a folder with a long file path, and then provides you prompt access to the folder.
- Shredder: In order to remove files permanently (or shred) from your system you have to use a program that is capable of rewriting the files with random series of binary data multiple times. This process is often called shredding. My Commander supports smart shredding. That way, the actual content of the file has been overwritten and the possibilities to recover a shredded file are eliminated.
- JumpList: The Windows 7 taskbar provides enhanced functionality for starting programs directly from the taskbar button by using Jump Lists. You access a Jump List by right-clicking a taskbar button or by clicking the arrow next to a program in the Start menu.
- Small memory footprint: Small and smart, My Commander uses less of your computer's memory while it's running.
- Integrated Web Search: Searching the Web is a breeze with the search box, just on the right of your toolbar. Select the search engine of your choice and type what you want to find directly into the box. The browser width is adjustable so you can make it larger if you need more space.
It can be downloaded at: http://myco.yonan.ro/download.php
Those who will not reason are bigots, those who cannot are fools and those who dare not are slaves.
Most Users Ever Online: wp_sferrorlog
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 13
Newest Members: Manolo, lulu, fbelstaffonsale, CptBlueT, waderbaiter71, Sattar999
Administrators: Ashraf: 1800, Locutus: 1886, amnesia: 270