Warning: fopen(/home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-cache/sp-plugin-scripts-footer.js): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-plugins.php on line 747

Warning: fopen(/home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-cache/sp-plugin-styles-all.css): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-plugins.php on line 536

Help need stylus/pen HP Compaq TC1000 | Gen-Tech | Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Help need stylus/pen HP Compaq TC1000
Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
February 21, 2012
2:01 PM
jevvv
Novice
Forum Posts: 16

I can't think of anyone else to ask:

I managed to pick up a lovely old HP Compaq TC1000 hybrid tablet.  It runs WinXP Tablet PC and is in really good condition, except…

Someone has busted the pen for it, and I can't find a reasonably priced one to replace it with… either they want nearly as much as the tablet for the pen, or the freight is that price to New Zealand.

Part of the difficulty is that the TC1000 uses a FinePoint digitizer, whereas the later ones such as the TC1100 use the Wacom one… and they are not interchangable as they use different technology.

Sooooo – my request is: if you have a spare one kicking around somewhere I'd love to buy it off you, and can pay up to the equivalent of about US$25

Thanks all! 

February 21, 2012
3:36 PM
PCbasics
King of Freebies
Forum Posts: 614

So you need a stylus, but not a capacitive stylus? A special one?

I Love Freebies
February 21, 2012
6:03 PM
jevvv
Novice

Hi PCB.

Um the pen takes an AAAA battery, and the digitizer (tablet) senses it within a certain proximity or if it is touching.  

It isn’t a pressure sensitive pen, unlike the one for the TC1100

I can’t find anything anywhere that says if it is capacitive or not sorry, although it is referred to as an “active” pen rather than a “passive” one

February 22, 2012
5:56 PM
PCbasics
King of Freebies
Forum Posts: 614

Hmm. not sure about this stylus, never heard of it before….and it uses batteries. >.< It must be really old!

I Love Freebies
February 23, 2012
3:35 AM
jevvv
Novice

It's ancient!  About 2002.  But the tablet works, and also creates a good impression ;)

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: wp_sferrorlog

Currently Online:
28 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

phoenix_rising: 899

karen: 878

Wheezer: 786

yourpalal: 647

PCbasics: 614

ebony: 548

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 11

Members: 9777

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 17

Topics: 2601

Newest Members: erickbrook, eaborcheltnicol, Rachelbon0, zerobyte01, caiofelipe, VBeeman

Administrators: Ashraf: 1799, Locutus: 1886, amnesia: 270

Comments