Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
5/15/2010 GOTD
Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
May 15, 2010
1:24 AM
Adrian
dotTechie
Forum Posts: 546

Okay, so today's GOTD is a goldfish wallpaper – and I'm going to rant again. Yell

Who the **** needs a piece of wallpaper that is not free? Huh? Do you think that we would be staring at the desktop all day just watching your animated wallpaper? These people are just plain pathetic.

I hope that we won't see anymore screensavers/wallpapers on GOTD. They just suck! Frown Yell Frown

May 15, 2010
6:00 AM
yourpalal
Inner Peace
dotTechie
Forum Posts: 647

Not to mention that, almost every animated one I've seen is typically a resource HOG!

Can be a Ram  (W)Recker…

… or a Processes PiG!Wink oink!

Life is just a phase you're going through…you'll get over it.
May 15, 2010
7:57 AM
Mags
Nerd
Forum Posts: 50

Sheeeeeesh

My rant is about ppl who rant about nothing!

So you don't like today's GOTD, well neither do I, but others may like what they are offering.

I'm certainly not going to rant about it.  Besides GOTD is not there to provide YOU with what YOU want.

They provide a variety of SW , some may like what they offer others don't.  If you don't, then stop bellyaching about it and move on.

Sorry Ashraf, I don't often post in the forums, but this really bugs me.

May 15, 2010
9:03 AM
Gioneo
Geek
Forum Posts: 240

Hum… I will have to agree with Mags on this one…

Confused

May 15, 2010
11:14 AM
Wheezer
dotTechie
Forum Posts: 786

I am so completely in agreement with Mags on this that I'm breaking my own promise to myself to quit posting on the forum here.

The original post is exactly the kind of post that drove me quit to reading comments on giveawayoftheday and is driving me to do the same here.

For as long as I've been coming to dotTech, it has never been a place for ranting or where we have to put up with posts full of "Who the **** needs"…

This kind of childish behavior degrades the entire forum and drives people away. Personally I am very angered by such behavior and as I already said, it is forcing me to quit participating here.

Perhaps people interested in acting and talking that way should consider starting their own forum away from dotTech where they can be rude, thoughtless of others, and feel more important than they really are. You can do it for free thru a lot of sites on the internet you know.

The dotTech forum used to be an enjoyable place to come, to learn and share information. Now it seems to have turned into a place where people are rudely told what they should do, or scolded over something as simple to do as misspelling a word. Everyone misspells words sometimes, everyone!

And what's with this petty picking on others because in some obscure dictionary somewhere the meaning of one word is different than how a poster used it. If you're that much better than the rest of us on this forum, go somewhere else. Surely there's a forum out there that will meet your requirements for use of language and grammar.

Like I said, this used to be an enjoyable place to come. It's not anymore. Hopefully time will flush out the posters that are wrecking it for everyone else and this forum will get back to the polite community that it used to be.

And yes admins, I fully expect this post to be edited or even deleted. But this stuff needed to be said. Just look how many people have disappeared since the above mentioned behavior has begun. dotTech has lost more people than there are doing these behaviors, and that degrades the reputation of dotTech.

And with that, I'm going to disappear back into the shadows and leave the posters here to decide what kind of a forum this is. I might drop in from time to time, but that isn't a promise, or threat.

wheezertech.forumotion.com
May 15, 2010
12:20 PM
Inas

I agree with Wheezer.  Forums should be places where people share information with one another in a thoughtful, considerate, respectful manner - so let  us please try to keep it this way – instead of expressing ourselves in a negative manner about any topic we wish to discuss.  In general, if a person does not like the daily software offer, then that person has every right not to download it, but there is no reason to bash the software – as what may be one person's trash, may very well be another person's treasure – Happy Saturday, all.

May 15, 2010
12:23 PM
Inas

Hi all, by the way, is there a way that I can change my membership designation from "novice" to something else?  Also, where can I make these changes? Thanks much, in advance, for any assistance you may wish to offer!

Inas

May 15, 2010
12:39 PM
Adrian
dotTechie
Forum Posts: 546

@Everyone: sorry. Ashraf – please delete this topic.

May 15, 2010
1:22 PM
Locutus
Guru
Forum Posts: 1886

I won't delete it, but I will lock it.

Oh, the site that was :(
Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: wp_sferrorlog

Currently Online: reggerciar
36 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

phoenix_rising: 899

karen: 878

Wheezer: 786

yourpalal: 647

PCbasics: 612

ebony: 548

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 7523

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 17

Topics: 2192

Newest Members: sugumar, filip12, tapy, astom12, frofer, novian34

Administrators: Ashraf (1741), Locutus (1886), amnesia (270)

Comments