Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 (2 licenses - 1 year) | Limited License Freebies | Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 (2 licenses - 1 year)
September 12, 2010
9:22 AM
Jeanjean
Belgium
Grand Master
Forum Posts: 433

Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 free (one year license for two lucky guest) : Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 is worth $59.95 and we are giving it for free to our 2 lucky subscriber guests. We will select two random subscriber guests who comment this post at Sunday 26 September 2010 and announce it at TechMynd.

Read more: http://www.techmynd.com/#ixzz0zKgtK6Yo Wink

September 12, 2010
10:24 AM
ebony
dotTechie
Forum Posts: 548

Another hoops offer.

I will pass. I will not jump that high nor hold my breath until the "random selection" and you only have TWO, I repeat TWO license.SurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprised 

Lets tell it like it is, this is nothing more than a way to get traffic to your site and get email addresses to bombard folks with future offers.

Oh and don't tell me that is how the game is played. I don't see it played on this site.

Ebony (not cool on this one.)

September 12, 2010
12:28 PM
Jeanjean
Belgium
Grand Master
Forum Posts: 433

@ ebony

They are not all the same (I do not know about this one of course).
I've already participated in something similar and won a license, but I have not had any mail or offer thereafter …

The one who wants to participate must be aware of potential risks… or take a false address.Wink

September 12, 2010
2:20 PM
Wheezer
dotTechie
Forum Posts: 786

ebony said:

Another hoops offer.

I will pass. I will not jump that high nor hold my breath until the "random selection" and you only have TWO, I repeat TWO license.SurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprised 

@ ebony: Wow, well I guess I know now how you felt about the drawing I had for TuneUp Utilities 2010. Since I only had TWO licenses to give away and I used random.org to determine the winners.

I would like to point out to you that people that are running honest drawings don't buy the licenses they giveaway. It is 100% up to the developer how many licenses they give a blog/forum owner to give away. If it had been my choice, I would have gotten enough licenses to give everyone who wanted one a license. TuneUP however said I could only have only two. Does it make me a jerk that I accepted the licenses and gave them away in a drawing? Why don't you ask Gioneo and Conn09 if they feel like they got ripped off in my drawing.

I would also like to point out that the only "hoop" that anyone has to jump thru for this drawing of Kaspersky Internet Security is to leave a comment. The EXACT same way anyone has to leave a comment on dotTech for any of Ashraf's drawings. In fact, lately developers have been requiring Ashraf to have people answer questions in their comments in order to enter the drawing, which  is less than what you have to do to enter the drawing for Kasperksy. So you're saying Ashraf's drawings involve too many "hoops" to jump thru and that he is collecting email addresses so he can "bombard folks with future offers."

Did you notice that for my TuneUp Utilities 2010 drawing people also had to register on the forum (just like you have to do to comment on ANY forum including right here on dotTech forums)? I guess that makes me twice as bad a person in your eyes, right? Sure that makes sense. A person goes out of their way, on their own time, for NO pay, just to be able to GIVE something away to anyone that enters a drawing, and that makes them a horrible person! Sure, I see your point… [head shaking in total disgust!]

"Lets tell it like it is, this is nothing more than a way to get traffic
to your site and get email addresses to bombard folks with future
offers."

Well, you're right about one part of that statement at least. Drawings are a way for blogs and forums to bring new people to their sites. Without new people coming to a site it will stagnate and eventually people will quit coming back. And may I point out that all the people that have given you help and information for your "GCS" were all new here at one point and possibly came here the first time because of a drawing that Ashraf was having.

In the case of dotTech it's slightly different because a lot of people come here because of Ashraf's reviews that are posted on giveawayoftheday. But not everyone came here that way.

As for the "bombard folks with future offers" part of your statement, come on. Are you being bombarded by emails from dotTech or WheezerTech? If you're getting it from my site it's only because of the choices you made in the profile section. And in fact didn't you just post because you're not getting emails from my site?

"Oh and don't tell me that is how the game is played. I don't see it played on this site."

What? That must have been typed and submitted in total anger without any thought being given to it. There are a lot of drawings on dotTech! Anyone that would say otherwise obviously has NO idea of what they are talking about!

Sure, the offer a couple days ago for Encrypt4all Pro is a scam, and SOME drawings that are held are for collecting email addresses for spamming purposes. But you grouped everyone who ever holds a drawing into the same class of low-life scum. Which means you are calling me, Ashraf, PCbasics, and others scum too. If that's what you think then what are you doing here or on my site?

This is the internet. There is good and bad everywhere. It's up to each person to use their intelligence to tell what is good and what is bad. You appear to have skipped that part and have just decided that anyone who has a drawing is scum.

That is not only insulting but also disrespectful and down right rude. I better stop now before I say something equally insulting, disrespectful, and rude!

wheezertech.forumotion.com
September 12, 2010
2:38 PM
ebony
dotTechie

Nope that is not the way I felt about your drawing because I think I know you a little from here.

I believe your offer was posted on YOUR site. At least that is the only place I saw it.

And in order for anyone to see it, they would already be on your site.  That is not the same as posting it all over to get people to come to your site.

I did not read the entire post but I just wanted to clear up my point

It is one thing to post for drawings for people that visit your site and offer them opportunity to win as oppose to posting all over the internet and having only TWO license.

I applaud you for having giveaways, I look forward to them.

EbonyCool

September 12, 2010
2:41 PM
ebony
dotTechie

Jeanjean said:

@ ebony

They are not all the same (I do not know about this one of course).

I've already participated in something similar and won a license, but I have not had any mail or offer thereafter …

The one who wants to participate must be aware of potential risks… or take a false address.Wink

Have you participated in other drawings from this site? Are you familiar with them at all?

Anyone?

EbonyCool

September 12, 2010
2:53 PM
karen
Washington, DC Metro Area
dotTechie
Forum Posts: 878

Calm down, everyone! This is the "limited license freebie" forum. So it was the appropriate place for this post. If you don't want to participate, then don't.

In this case, @JeanJean is not (as far as I know), involved with the site with the contest, so she was not trying to drive traffic to their site. She was just trying to be helpful in case someone wanted to participate.

Ok – locking this thread before it gets more out of hand.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: wp_sferrorlog

Currently Online:
35 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

phoenix_rising: 899

karen: 878

Wheezer: 786

yourpalal: 647

PCbasics: 612

ebony: 548

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 7523

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 17

Topics: 2192

Newest Members: oxfordrecovery, asmrkt, seemaagrawal, www.josephray240@gmail.com, Tiago Morais, moharram777

Administrators: Ashraf (1741), Locutus (1886), amnesia (270)

Comments