June 4, 2010
• Launcher makes Evernote fully portable.
• You can use 'Evernote.ini' file (App folder in PP) to configure the launcher.
Local - this option is used to set running mode of EP. Two modes are available.
2. Local mode: Local=1
When you are running EP in Isolated mode, EP's profile folders and files "stay" in PP: %UserProfile% is redirected to App folder in your PP.
When you want to export, import,… some files,…, use My Computer as starting point. Desktop and My Documents folders are in your PP -> DO NOT use them as saving,… locations.
Running EP in Local mode means that only while your are using EP, EP's profile folders and files are placed from your PP to local computer.
Show Tray Icon - when enabled, Evernote icon is showed in the task bar notification area.
Evernote Portable (launcher)
• If you have already installed Evernote, than just copy all folders and files from the main Evernote directory:
(XP) %UserProfile% -> Local Settings -> Application Data -> Apps -> Evernote -> Evernote;
(7) %UserProfile% -> AppData -> Local -> Apps -> Evernote -> Evernote;
to Evernote Portable -> App folder in your PP.
(7) %UserProfile% -> AppData -> Local -> Evernote -> Evernote
Either way the 'Evernote.msi' will be extracted to your %Temp% folder.
• Extract the contents of 'Evernote.msi' (in your %Temp% folder) with Universal Extractor to e.g. %Temp% folder. Copy/move all folders and files from [ApplicationFolderName] folder (it's in Evernote -> PFiles -> Evernote folder) to Evernote Portable -> App folder in your PP.
• Use 'EC-Evernote.exe' in Evernote Portable folder to start Evernote Portable.
About Settings, EP's Profile Folders & Files
You can delete all dictionaries that you won't need in Dict folder (or you can add the ones that are missing).
• If you are going to use English UI you can remove entire Intl folder or you can delete just UI lang files that you won't use.
Note: DO NOT compress these three files: 'EvernoteIE.dll', 'EvernoteOL.dll' and 'Resource.dll'.
Most Users Ever Online: wp_sferrorlog
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 11
Newest Members: Fespattee, Tarsteel, Kgothatsozola, maddyisthename, FPL007BOB, JenMich
Administrators: Ashraf (1799), Locutus (1886), amnesia (270)