Here are some quick reviews on some android apps. I love Android, I use my phone everyday and I DL way too many things. It's a good thing I recently bought a Patriot 32GB microSD for only $10 at NCIX. You jelly?
All apps were tested on a rooted BELL Motorola Atrix 4G, running on Cyanogen Mod 7.2.0 Snow-goose. Not responsible if your device goes FUBARific.
I will divide into 2 categories. Regular apps and games. I'll also post the data files for the games if it takes too long for any of you to DL them through your phone, or if your house doesn't have wireless internet. It's completely legal BTW.
Replace h77ps:// with https:// when you copy and paste it onto your address bar. Don't ask why.
1. AdAway – Clears most, if not all annoying advertisements you encounter though your apps and websites. It always work and it's constantly updated. The only thing it doesn't block are certain Glu mobile ads and "custom ads" that some apps use (ads that are installed with the actual app). Your device must be rooted.
2. AdFree – Functions the same as AdAway. The only difference is that it's not updated often. Your device must be rooted.
3. Alarm Clock Xtreme – Pro version was used. Full functional alarm clock. Highly customizable and it's loaded with options for power users. Alarm volume adjustments and customizable ringtones come in handy for those can't wake up early in the morning.
4. Android Overclock – It's not technically an overclock app. You'll need to root your phone and install custom firmware if you wish to do so. This app is loaded with clocking abilities that allows you to set custom perimeters (i.e. device can be set to run between 800mhz-1000mhz, or 256mhz-500mhz). The app also has Adblocking features and other features that I don't even understand at all… Your device must be rooted.
5. ASTRO – Everyone's favorite root manager. Ditch the stock Android root manager and go for ASTRO. Highly customizable interface and allows you to perform various things such as unzipping files and moving things around. App comes with a built in image viewer as well.
6. avast! Mobile Security – This AV app is very useful. Provides basic anti-virus protection and scans your apps, and the files in your phone and microSD card. It's constantly updated, and comes with various tools such as SMS filters and anti-theft. The app has a simple menu, it's fast, and it won't significantly drain your device's battery.
7. Barcode Scanner – Scans barcodes, QR codes, and data matrixes. Fast, reliable, and stores previous scanned data as well.
8. Battery Monitor – Pro version was used. The app allows the user to monitor battery usage through detailed graphs. The app shows very statistics, temperature, and other things I don't even understand one bit about. The app is perfect for power users.
9. Binary Converter – It converts decimals into binary and binary into decimals and binary into hex, and etc. Very simple app for those who want to cheat through high-school computer engineering/science.
10. Calculations – Not liking the default stock calculator? Calculations (the app) can calculate regular numbers, measurements, convert currencies (must have internet connection for converting currencies), tips, and even your mortgage. The interface is simple, and the buttons, numbers, and words are big for those with terrible eyesight.
More quick reviews to go, I have too many apps on my phone. Gonna play some L4D2.
Most Users Ever Online: wp_sferrorlog
Currently Online: cayci
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 9
Newest Members: catpav520, Gorus, debkdarlin, Nammtar, matchservice, bellar
Administrators: Ashraf (1741), Locutus (1886), amnesia (270)