November 29, 2009
HELP IS HERE
I've posted this so many times, and everyone goes away happy. Just copy and paste it into a Word Pad, or Notepad, follow it carefully, and your good to go.
FIX ALL T BIRD 3 PROBLEMS 20-12-09
Thunderbird 3 is faulty, a test version, has stupid new features, and not for the general public.
Last good version is Thunderbird Setup 126.96.36.199.exe from : http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/latest-2.0/win32/be/ You can download any Mozilla released versions, for any operating system, from: http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/
Appendage 14-05-10 Apparently there was a V188.8.131.52 from : http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/184.108.40.206/win32/en-US/Thunderbird%20Setup%220.127.116.11.exe
Simple cure for all Thunderbird 3 problems
Download Thunderbird Setup 18.104.22.168.exe > Install over the top of Thunderbird 3 > all problems solved, all your emails will be present, and all addons work. Do not uninstall T Bird 3, or you will loose all your emails. Finally > Tools > Options > Advanced > Update > Untick both boxes, so you don't update to version 3.
Smart Folders – remove
Do not delete Smart Folders in left hand window, as it is bad, and they will immediately return.
First check > View > Folders > Change from Smart to all > then :
1) Click Tools > Options > Advanced > General > ConfigEditor "
2) Type "mail.accountmanager.accounts" in filter editbox and double click the configuration item, or right click and modify.
3) To find out which is the Smart folders account :- In the Config Editor, type "smart" in the "Filter" textbox. You'll see an entry that says 'mail.server.server#.name' (where "#" is a number), the type will be "string" and the value will be "Smart Folders". In the textbox, now type "server#" (where "#" is the same number as on the "Smart Folders" entry). At the top of the resultant list should be the entry 'mail.account.account#.server' -- "account#" ("#" is a number) is the Smart Folders account (on my TB3 installation, it's the 3rd of 5 accounts).
4) Set cursor in the line of accounts, and backspace the smart folder account from the list. Usually it's the last account.
Version 3 is a result of smartarseing, or fixing something that ain't broke, by the nit wits at Mozilla, who have no common sense.
They cannot comprehend, that some people only want a basic email client as Version 22.214.171.124, while others want something fancy, they could call Fancybird for example. The Mozilla nit wits are too thick to understand this, and realize releasing two versions would be a brilliant idea.
Could though, they have enjoyed causing people a lot of problems over the last 6 weeks, and used them as guinea pigs, just when they need their email client to work over Christmas 2009, and the holidays.
Sorry, if the truth hurts, but its only the empathetic, and kind people who tell you the truth. My ex-wife always said, I was an arrogant, rude, unpleasant, insensitive, big headed, and brutal with the truth, so you can commiserate with her. Mind you, she did carry on going out with me for four years, after I left her, but she did add, juvenile, pervert, because I had a 23 year old girlfriend for a while, sex maniac, selfish, boy does the list go on.
1 Azerty is a happy, pretty theme, that is easy on the eyes, and has consistently been stable with all versions.
1 Silvermel is silver and harsh on the eyes.
2 Nautipolis has blue harsh icons, and ugly.
3 Phoenity does not work, but is mainly blue, candy coloured, pretty, and easy on the eyes, but more distinct, and heavy, than Azerty
Lightning = Diary / Organizer
Mail Tagger = for smilies / emoticons works only up to Tbird V2 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/749
Smilie Inserter = obsolete – works only up to Tbird V1.5
1. Download and save the file to your hard disk.
2. In Mozilla Thunderbird, open Add-ons from the Tools menu.
3. Click the Install button, and locate/select the file you downloaded and click "OK".
1 The window for Account Settings is usually too big, so you cannot see OK, to save your settings, just move the window up, and you can just click on OK. This will save you going crazy, wondering why you loose all your settings.
2 Make sure you setup your outgoing mail server setting, right at the bottom of the Account Settings, in Local > Outgoing Server (SMTP). SMTP = simple mail transfer protocol.
3 Security Settings – Set to Never for Vodahug, because they provide the security. This is used for people with their own website, with email addresses ending in their website name.
Smart Folders disable
Use "Migration Assistant" when first loading TB3
Also after installing
The arrows at the top of the folder pane
Most Users Ever Online: wp_sferrorlog
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 11
Newest Members: tenlek25, elenacamila1, boy manbara, kapak, madalsa, Harrysam
Administrators: Ashraf (1799), Locutus (1886), amnesia (270)