Warning: fopen(/home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-cache/sp-plugin-scripts-footer.js): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-plugins.php on line 745

Warning: fopen(/home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-cache/sp-plugin-styles-all.css): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-plugins.php on line 534

The resultful method to convert Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF to DNxHD MOV for Avid | Special Discounts for dotTechies | Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
The resultful method to convert Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF to DNxHD MOV for Avid
December 12, 2013
12:52 AM
caoyu0330
Nerd
Forum Posts: 65

I am an amateur photographer and recently I shoot some XDCAM MXF files with my Sony PMW-200. I was wondering if the Avid Media Composer works with MXF footages natively. So I searched the Google and post comments to look for some help with Sony XDCAM MXF importing workflow in Avid MC. But I find that no matter what version of Avid that I have, AMC doesn’t work with MXF footage from my Sony PMW-200 directly. And the most suggested workaround is to transcode XDCAM MXF to DNxHD MOV that Avid Media Composer prefers to.

For giving priority of high video and audio quality, I use the recommended Aunsoft TransMXF Pro for Mac. With just a few clicks, this excellent Sony XDCAM video Converter allows you to convert Sony XDCAM HD422 MXF files to Avid Media Composer compatible format DNxHD easily and quickly. What's more, this MXF conversion program is a professional to transcode MXF file to MOV with Apple ProRes 422, ProRes 4444, DVCPRO HD, XDCAM, HDV, AIC MOV and even multiple audio tracks MOV for FCP, iMovie, QuickTime, Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, etc. on Mac (including Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks) with perfect audio and video synchronization.

Here I'd like to share my experience on transcoding Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF to DNxHD MOV for Avid.

P.S. If you are working with Windows PC, you can use Aunsoft TransMXF Pro to convert Sony PMW-200 MXF footage to Avid DNxHD MOV on Windows, which share the same basic steps with this guide.

Step1. Accurately import Sony XDCAM MXF to TransMXF Pro for Mac

Connect Sony PMW-200 XDCAM camcorder to your Mac computer hard drive via USB cable.

Click "add video" or "add folder" to load MXF file. I dragged several MXF clips to it directly to do batch conversion.

In this step, you may encounter that the MXF with just video but no audio. A suggestion is to click "add folder" to load the entire XDCAM MXF whole structure folder to avoid of missing audio caused by metadata loss. Then, you can play raw MXF files in the preview window with both audio and video. Meanwhile, the output encoded MOV files will also be with sound. Snapshot function seems pretty good when preview MXF file.

Step2. Click the format bar and select "Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.MOV) "

Click "format". Under the Avid Media Composer list, you can quickly pick Avid DNxHD (*.MOV) for Avid editing. I directly enter Avid in the search bar, even faster. The user-friendly format bar of TransMXF Pro for Mac will take you less than 30 seconds to select format in this step.

Step3. Click the Settings to set audio and video profile for output MOV

I set video bitrates as high quality to better video of output DNxHD MOV for further editing in Avid. For Frame Rate, I chose stay as original.

From Profile list, I can easily compare the profile of source MXF and export Avid DNxHD MOV, as well as my free disc space. The triangle icons on the right are to view different tasks.

Step4. Convert Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF to DNxHD MOV

Click “conversion” to convert Sony XDCAM MXF to MOV. I got generated DNxHD MOV with perfect video and audio synchronization. You can preview raw MXF and generated MOV when conversion completed. And with just a click on "Open output folder", you can locate the output file.

If you look for an available MXF to Mac converter or a solution to view and play XDCAM HD 422 MXF in Avid, Aunsoft TransMXF can offer solutions to all kinds of MXF viewing problems.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: wp_sferrorlog

Currently Online:
29 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

phoenix_rising: 899

karen: 878

Wheezer: 786

yourpalal: 647

PCbasics: 614

ebony: 548

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 11

Members: 9777

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 17

Topics: 2601

Newest Members: mvbasshead, Ssabrine, cheikh faye, bikemann, billyjung, Elina Bryan

Administrators: Ashraf (1799), Locutus (1886), amnesia (270)

Comments