Warning: fopen(/home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-cache/sp-plugin-scripts-footer.js): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-plugins.php on line 745

Warning: fopen(/home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-cache/sp-plugin-styles-all.css): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-plugins.php on line 534

July 4th | Talk it up | Forums

A A A

Please consider registering
guest

Log In Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

  

— Match —

   

— Forum Options —

    

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
July 4th
Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
July 2, 2010
2:27 AM
Jabtano
Nerd
Forum Posts: 68
Member Since:
November 30, 2009
Offline
1
0

The big birthday bash for America. So if you live in America what are you doing this weekend? big BBQ? Fireworks show. or perhaps both. we are doing a clam and lobster bake. and for my pals who don't eat seafood we are smoking up 40 pounds of ribs… From my backyard we will have a nice line of sight fir the fireworks  show also.. but you have to bring your own beer!

In the end everything will be OK. If it's not OK then it's not the end.
July 2, 2010
7:41 AM
Wheezer
dotTechie
Forum Posts: 786
Member Since:
May 28, 2009
Offline
2
0

40lbs of ribs?! Surprised  Ohhhhh…. I'm gett'n hungry now… Laugh

I'll pick up some beer (enough to cover your desires), what time should I be there?  Wink

Seriously, have fun tho!

I'll end up trying to catch the local fireworks show, if we don't get the rain that's being predicted.

                       wheezertech.forumotion.com
July 2, 2010
9:11 AM
Joji
Guest

I can't eat that much ribs. I'll get sick of it. But then, I wouldn't for sushi…

 

Anyways, I ate juicy chicken on Canada Day. :P Can someone tell me why they chose July 4th for America's b-day?

 

 

~Joji~

July 2, 2010
11:32 AM
Someguy
Geek
Forum Posts: 104
Member Since:
November 16, 2009
Offline
4
0

Joji, 4th of July was the day the our great country adopted the Declaration of Independence in 1776 which stated that we are no longer a colony of the UK but we are an independent country.

July 2, 2010
3:53 PM
Conn Platt
Lancashire, England
Young Dude
Forum Posts: 167
Member Since:
September 27, 2009
Offline

Someguy said:

Joji, 4th of July was the day the our great country adopted the Declaration of Independence in 1776 which stated that we are no longer a colony of the UK but we are an independent country.

________________________________________________

I;m not from America, but i must correct you on one thing, it was not the UK in those times that America became independent from, it was Britain or Briton, it was the British (in other words me pretty much). I just thought i'd say because the UK was not formed until much later on. Other than that, you are correct.

Difficult, to be sure…..but it shall be done!!
July 2, 2010
5:10 PM
Jabtano
Nerd
Forum Posts: 68
Member Since:
November 30, 2009
Offline
6
0

Wheezer, the reason for so many ribs is we have about 60 people coming, it's an all day +night thing. so we cook call day and night. the ribs are sitting with the dry rub on them rady for the somker 6 am sat, morning. they should be done by 2:30- 3:00 pm..Surprised

In the end everything will be OK. If it's not OK then it's not the end.
July 2, 2010
5:55 PM
Joji
Guest
7
0

Jabtano said:

Wheezer, the reason for so many ribs is we have about 60 people coming, it's an all day +night thing. so we cook call day and night. the ribs are sitting with the dry rub on them rady for the somker 6 am sat, morning. they should be done by 2:30- 3:00 pm..Surprised


Are the ribs juicy? You did attend the same party last year right? Man, ribs are good! But the problem is that some ribs are good and some are bad. Frown

 

I've tried ribs that were very juicy and ones that were so dry, I can't even consider it as food!

 

That party of yours sounds very amazing. I wonder what else you do in that party other than eating and watching fireworks… and of coarse talking to your friends. Laugh

 

~Joji~

July 2, 2010
5:57 PM
Wheezer
dotTechie
Forum Posts: 786
Member Since:
May 28, 2009
Offline

Jabtano: That sounds like it should be a good time.

When I was living in SE Minnesota some friends that live in the country would do that same kind of thing. They'd hire a band and tell people to bring tents and campers. So if people drank to much, they could sleep in the yard. They also sold commerative T-shirts to help offset the cost of the band.

Have fun with your party!!! And eat enough for me too, ok?  Wink

 

                       wheezertech.forumotion.com
July 6, 2010
5:59 AM
Jabtano
Nerd
Forum Posts: 68
Member Since:
November 30, 2009
Offline
9
0

Joji said:

Jabtano said:

Wheezer, the reason for so many ribs is we have about 60 people coming, it's an all day +night thing. so we cook call day and night. the ribs are sitting with the dry rub on them rady for the somker 6 am sat, morning. they should be done by 2:30- 3:00 pm..Surprised

 


Are the ribs juicy? You did attend the same party last year right? Man, ribs are good! But the problem is that some ribs are good and some are bad. Frown
 

 

I've tried ribs that were very juicy and ones that were so dry, I can't even consider it as food!

 

That party of yours sounds very amazing. I wonder what else you do in that party other than eating and watching fireworks… and of coarse talking to your friends. Laugh

 

~Joji~


 

I use a dry rub on my ribs, the mix has burbon in it, the blend ends up on the dry side, but after 6 hours in the smoker the meat came right off the bone and Juicy oh yea very.

In the end everything will be OK. If it's not OK then it's not the end.
July 6, 2010
6:27 PM
calebstein
Grand Master
Forum Posts: 445
Member Since:
November 22, 2009
Offline
10
0

Hey, I had ribs on July 4th.  Although there wasn't 40lbs Frown

It's me
Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: wp_sferrorlog

Currently Online:
31 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

phoenix_rising: 899

karen: 878

Wheezer: 786

yourpalal: 647

PCbasics: 614

ebony: 548

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 11

Members: 9777

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 17

Topics: 2601

Posts: 16629

Newest Members: sujoy, Roane.C, Loveley Chambers, vikmat, derpishbadger, joannaedwards17

Administrators: Ashraf (1799), Locutus (1886), amnesia (270)

Comments