Warning: fopen(/home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-cache/sp-plugin-scripts-footer.js): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-plugins.php on line 745

Warning: fopen(/home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-cache/sp-plugin-styles-all.css): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-plugins.php on line 534

Jv16 Power Tools 2010 for free | Page 2 | Talk it up | Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Jv16 Power Tools 2010 for free
Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
October 1, 2010
1:03 PM
blue
Novice
Forum Posts: 10

belacan said:

Thanks to Techno360.Surprised [REMOVED]

IMHO, this is a good program to stay away from, anyway. Winutilities free, GigaTweak, Glary Free, there are lots of others which are not only (completely) free but much better (and safer) than JV16.
October 1, 2010
2:20 PM
The Living Spirit
England
Nerd
Forum Posts: 81

I'd also like to add that jv16 Powertools is not a very good program if you're running Windows 7, which now apparently accounts for between 10-20% of Windows users (depending on who you believe).

I once had a Vista laptop to which I had installed a copy of jv16 Powertools that I had got from an online promotion, and for a while I was quite happy with it – I thought it was quite Powerful, easy to get my head around, and worked very effectively for what I needed to do.

However, lately I upgraded the laptop to Windows 7 after getting fed up with the crumminess of Vista as a whole. Since then, I've found jv16 to be quite lacking. Though the program runs, and still offers the general maintenance tools, there's a significant portion of the program that simply is not compatible with Windows 7. Thankfully, most of the incompatible tools actually point out that they won't work with Windows 7 (the Registry Compactor, for example, politely states "This feature is not available with Windows 7"; while System Optimizer gives the error "The System Optimizer is only available for users of Windows XP and Windows Vista!"); but there are occasions where a tool simply fails to load, with no message whatsoever.

Maybe a future update will address these concerns, though. Then again, it seems we all agree that this tool is inferior anyway, so what does it matter?

Technically Motivated.com – the blog that makes Technology easier to understand and keeps you on the pulse of the latest happenings. Visit today for the latest Tech News, Freebies, Tips, Tricks and more; plus the ability to join a friendly Forum community, or even contribute your own material to be published on the blog. Our Motivation is Highlighting Tech Innovation. My Other Websites: ProjectHangman.com – Game and Software Development and Sharing site, with an emphasis on Community and keeping a positive link between Developer and User. True ZZT – Independent Game Project attempting to accurately recreate ZZT within MegaZeux. A Project Hangman microsite.
Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: wp_sferrorlog

Currently Online:
27 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

phoenix_rising: 899

karen: 878

Wheezer: 786

yourpalal: 647

PCbasics: 614

ebony: 548

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 11

Members: 9777

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 17

Topics: 2601

Newest Members: annettepablo, bejones, macksuel, artstodd, Quixy, paulsandy85

Administrators: Ashraf (1799), Locutus (1886), amnesia (270)

Comments