Warning: fopen(/home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-cache/sp-plugin-scripts-footer.js): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-plugins.php on line 745

Warning: fopen(/home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-cache/sp-plugin-styles-all.css): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-plugins.php on line 534

Ozzie! | Talk it up | Forums

A A A

Please consider registering
guest

Log In Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

  

— Match —

   

— Forum Options —

    

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Ozzie!
Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
February 28, 2010
10:26 PM
Wheezer
dotTechie
Forum Posts: 786
Member Since:
May 28, 2009
Offline
1
0

And just exactly where were you this weekend young man?

I hope you brought a note from your mother!…

 

I trust you had a good weekend? Smile

                       wheezertech.forumotion.com
February 28, 2010
10:43 PM
Ozzie
Novice
Forum Posts: 0
Member Since:
May 6, 2009
Offline
2
0

Hey there, Wheezer! How's the new comp going? Been flat out here. Uni has started and I am trying to get through a monumental amount of reading (why do they set sooooo much reading? … massively long articles that I have to stick matchsticks under my eyelids to stay awake through). Plus we've got a whole lot of things underway with work – and lots of coordination with other orgs and lots of meetings (again that I have stick matchsticks under my eyelids to stay awake through). Plus we have had some serious human rights violations taking place against some particularly vulnerable people (they've been bundled into cars and driven to remote locations, beaten senseless and then dumped), so we're madly trying to arrange shelters and protection for them.

Basically I've been working until after 2am every night and kinda functioning on about four hours' sleep. I just realised that today was the start of March. I could have sworn it was Christmas just yesterday. I have a sneaking suspicion that this year will just pass in a blur.

I hope all is well with you, my friend. And that the harsh winter is beginning to abate. Those deer still hanging around?

 

Hi-diddly-ho, Ozzie must go … See you round, dotTechies!
February 28, 2010
10:47 PM
Ozzie
Novice
Forum Posts: 0
Member Since:
May 6, 2009
Offline
3
0

Oops, I forgot to mention that you got the wrong gender! Wink

Hi-diddly-ho, Ozzie must go … See you round, dotTechies!
March 1, 2010
1:34 AM
Ramesh Kumar
Grand Master
Forum Posts: 390
Member Since:
February 1, 2010
Offline
4
0

Hi Ozzie! Smile

This was too good an opportunity to miss. Wink A thread named Ozzie!  Wink I read what you posted here & I've read your humorous & serious posts too! They always lift spirits or tweak minds & when you intend them to, they even do both.

I've common to the happy conclusion that you help people not only through actions but also through words. You were missed!

RameshSmile

March 1, 2010
1:55 AM
AlanR
Disciple
Forum Posts: 205
Member Since:
February 25, 2010
Offline
5
0

Ozzie said:

Oops, I forgot to mention that you got the wrong gender! Wink


 

And possibly Antipodean? TIC.

 

Didn't you know – all those reading assignments are meant to get you up and away from the P.C./laptop by giving some exercise going to fetch and lug those great tomes around – you don't really have to read them, do you? Wink

SEEK (Google) and yea shall find. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis.
March 1, 2010
2:07 AM
Ozzie
Novice
Forum Posts: 0
Member Since:
May 6, 2009
Offline
6
0

Ramesh Kumar said:

Hi Ozzie! Smile

This was too good an opportunity to miss. Wink A thread named Ozzie!  Wink I read what you posted here & I've read your humorous & serious posts too! They always lift spirits or tweak minds & when you intend them to, they even do both.

I've common to the happy conclusion that you help people not only through actions but also through words. You were missed!

RameshSmile


 

Hey there, little brother! Missed you lot, too! Way I see it, we gotta try and leave this planet in a little better state than we found it in. And to do that, we've got two courses of action to choose from: be part of the problem or part of the solution, in whatever capacity we can. It's just that simple. No one person is going to change the world. But we can all chisel away at it, no matter where we are or what we do. Make the world immediately around you the one you want to live in, and that's a beautiful reality created. Eventually all the microcosms will become the macrocosm. At least, that's my theory! Smile

Hi-diddly-ho, Ozzie must go … See you round, dotTechies!
March 1, 2010
2:13 AM
Ozzie
Novice
Forum Posts: 0
Member Since:
May 6, 2009
Offline
7
0

AlanR said:

Ozzie said:

Oops, I forgot to mention that you got the wrong gender! Wink


 

And possibly Antipodean? TIC.

 

Didn't you know – all those reading assignments are meant to get you up and away from the P.C./laptop by giving some exercise going to fetch and lug those great tomes around – you don't really have to read them, do you? Wink


 

Hee hee. An antipodean no longer resident in the antipodes. Although, by definition, I guess even now I am an antipodean. As for the tomes, on cold nights they do make for good firestarters! As for reading them all, well it kinda helps if you want to pass the course. Wink Besides, I can never half-do things. If I do something, I gotta do it heart and soul. Seems a waste of time otherwise.

Hi-diddly-ho, Ozzie must go … See you round, dotTechies!
March 1, 2010
7:06 AM
Wheezer
dotTechie
Forum Posts: 786
Member Since:
May 28, 2009
Offline
8
0

Oooooops! Sorry Miss Ozzie! I made an assumption, and as usual, it was wrong. Embarassed

It dawned on me yesterday that I hadn't seen a post from you in a couple days so thought I'd give you some flack. Just for fun. Thank goodness that didn't seem to backfire on me.

Sounds like you were righteously busy tho. So we'll let you get away with it this time.

As boring as the reading and meetings sound, the thing you mentioned about the people being beaten and dumped really stuck in my mind.

That is so far beyond acceptable that I can't begin to express the shock and anger I'm feeling about it. I wish you all the luck in the world in helping those that were beaten.

What makes people think they can do something like that?!!! Arrrrrrrrgh…..

As for my computer, I'm still enjoying the new one. The biggest problem I'm having tho is really kinda funny. The keyboard is a little bigger than on my old computer and the keys are way more sensitive. So I'm constantly double typing letters or hitting two letters at the same time, or hitting the wrong key because I didn't move my finger quite far enough to hit the key I'd wanted to. It get's a little frustrating sometimes, but it's well worth it.

A complicating factor tho, is that the programs I have to use to file incident reports for our fire department to the national reporting agency and FEMA won't run on Windows 7. So I end up using my old computer for that. So then I start typing like I do on the new computer, and I'm hitting the wrong keys or not pushing down hard enough to enter the letter at all. I feel like a tennis ball or something, bouncing back and forth between the two computers.  Laugh

It does keep things interesting. Lol.

                       wheezertech.forumotion.com
March 1, 2010
9:18 AM
Ramesh Kumar
Grand Master
Forum Posts: 390
Member Since:
February 1, 2010
Offline
9
0

Wheezer said:

As for my computer, I'm still enjoying the new one. The biggest problem I'm having tho is really kinda funny. The keyboard is a little bigger than on my old computer and the keys are way more sensitive. So I'm constantly double typing letters or hitting two letters at the same time, or hitting the wrong key because I didn't move my finger quite far enough to hit the key I'd wanted to. It get's a little frustrating sometimes, but it's well worth it.

A complicating factor tho, is that the programs I have to use to file incident reports for our fire department to the national reporting agency and FEMA won't run on Windows 7. So I end up using my old computer for that. So then I start typing like I do on the new computer, and I'm hitting the wrong keys or not pushing down hard enough to enter the letter at all. I feel like a tennis ball or something, bouncing back and forth between the two computers.  Laugh

It does keep things interesting. Lol.


 

Hi Wheezer!Smile

You might be able to reduce the high sensitivity of your keyboard from its current high level to a lesser level as per your preference.

In your "My Computer" there might be an option to change keyboard settings in a simple uncomplicated manner. That might solve the problem.

RameshSmile

March 1, 2010
9:30 AM
Ozzie
Novice
Forum Posts: 0
Member Since:
May 6, 2009
Offline
10
0

Wheezer said:

Oooooops! Sorry Miss Ozzie! I made an assumption, and as usual, it was wrong. Embarassed

It dawned on me yesterday that I hadn't seen a post from you in a couple days so thought I'd give you some flack. Just for fun. Thank goodness that didn't seem to backfire on me.

Sounds like you were righteously busy tho. So we'll let you get away with it this time.

As boring as the reading and meetings sound, the thing you mentioned about the people being beaten and dumped really stuck in my mind.

That is so far beyond acceptable that I can't begin to express the shock and anger I'm feeling about it. I wish you all the luck in the world in helping those that were beaten.

What makes people think they can do something like that?!!! Arrrrrrrrgh…..

As for my computer, I'm still enjoying the new one. The biggest problem I'm having tho is really kinda funny. The keyboard is a little bigger than on my old computer and the keys are way more sensitive. So I'm constantly double typing letters or hitting two letters at the same time, or hitting the wrong key because I didn't move my finger quite far enough to hit the key I'd wanted to. It get's a little frustrating sometimes, but it's well worth it.

A complicating factor tho, is that the programs I have to use to file incident reports for our fire department to the national reporting agency and FEMA won't run on Windows 7. So I end up using my old computer for that. So then I start typing like I do on the new computer, and I'm hitting the wrong keys or not pushing down hard enough to enter the letter at all. I feel like a tennis ball or something, bouncing back and forth between the two computers.  Laugh

It does keep things interesting. Lol.


 

No worries at all, Senor Wheezer! (Here's hoping it's not Senora or Senorita Wheezer!) Me thinks I should have taken a bit more time and chosen a more gender-neutral identity (ah, the wisdom of hindsight!).

Thank you for your concern over the poor folk who were beaten. Never ceases to amaze or sadden me, either. The brutality that people are capable of is quite staggering. But sadly, it's a consistent reality in this line of work. The main worry this time (and why we are working so hard to find them shelter) is that this particular group of thugs (who, without naming them directly, are given to waving flags bearing swastikas) delivered the beatings as a warning. They said next time they would kill. And we have no doubt that they meant it. And now they seem to be going for the people associated with them. Just today my partner received a threatening email (anonymous but of obvious origins), and the colleague of one of those beaten was attacked and sexually abused on the way home from work a few days ago. So we're all kinda in hyper-watchful mode at present and watching each other's backs. What makes people do that? Ignorance, hate, racism, you name it. Basically all the crappy attitudes that pervade this world. Sick, ain't it?

Anyway, as the saying goes, tomorrow's another day (actually today is another day, given that it's after 1am here!).

You made me laugh with your keyboard/finger problems! I hope FEMA isn't getting garbled reports! Wink But hey, you didn't say if the deer were still holding mass rallies in your front yard … gotta say, I thought that must have been something magical to see. I envy you, my friend! Nature so close at hand!

And with that lovely image in my head, I think it's nearly time for me to close the books and hit the sack. Take care, hey!

Hi-diddly-ho, Ozzie must go … See you round, dotTechies!
March 1, 2010
3:17 PM
Locutus
Guru
Forum Posts: 1886
Member Since:
February 19, 2009
Offline
11
0

Genders on the internet are why I always write in 2nd person.

Oh, the site that was :(
March 1, 2010
11:32 PM
Wheezer
dotTechie
Forum Posts: 786
Member Since:
May 28, 2009
Offline
12
0

Sorry for forgetting about your question about the deer. Yes, they're still hang'n around.

I decided to play around with the features we can use in replies, so that instead of dreaming up your own picture, you can picture the real thing.

This pic was taken from the house. It was shot thru a window with plastic over it to keep the cold out, so it is a little fuzzy.

Ok, so when I'm logged in I can see the video embedded in this reply. But when I'm logged out and view this, there's no video embedded. ???

So, if you don't see the video below, here's a web address to youtube where you can see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..SK8Fwh-_lw

Deer in the yard.

There are more deer off to the right too. That's where they usually bed down for the night. The feeder is hard to see but it's just to the right of the snowbank that runs left to right in the picture.

Then, like I said, since I'm just playing around seeing what I can do. I'm gonna try embedding a video. Nothing fancy. I hung my $10 webcam on the door frame to the woodshop one day and recorded some of the deer. It's a wide shot and the cam has crappy resolution, so don't expect much. But it's better than nothing. One last thing. For some reason when I uploaded it to youtube, it got recorded twice, the second time without sound. I must have missed a button or option setting somewhere. Anyway, the video is reallly only two and a half minutes long. After that, hit stop because you will have already see the rest.

Oh, I almost forgot to add, the camera didn't hang straight, so you might want to put a book or two under the right side of your monitor so the ground looks level…

 

http://www.youtube.com/v/RSK8Fwh-_lw

                       wheezertech.forumotion.com
March 1, 2010
11:57 PM
Ozzie
Novice
Forum Posts: 0
Member Since:
May 6, 2009
Offline
13
0

Wow! Surprised That is magnificent! Thank you so much for uploading! Again, I am truly envious! You live somewhere truly magical! Wow, wow and wow again!

Hi-diddly-ho, Ozzie must go … See you round, dotTechies!
March 2, 2010
12:03 AM
Wheezer
dotTechie
Forum Posts: 786
Member Since:
May 28, 2009
Offline
14
0

Seems that when I'm logged in I can see the video embedded, but when I'm logged out, the video doesn't show up.

So if you don't see it embedded, you can veiw it at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSK8Fwh-_lw

                       wheezertech.forumotion.com
March 2, 2010
12:20 AM
Ozzie
Novice
Forum Posts: 0
Member Since:
May 6, 2009
Offline
15
0

I didn't have a problem with watching it (and rewatching it). Nifty little soundtrack as well, I forgot to add! Seriously cool, Wheezer!

Hi-diddly-ho, Ozzie must go … See you round, dotTechies!
March 2, 2010
5:08 AM
Ramesh Kumar
Grand Master
Forum Posts: 390
Member Since:
February 1, 2010
Offline
16
0

Wheezer said:

Sorry for forgetting about your question about the deer. Yes, they're still hang'n around.

This pic was taken from the house. It was shot thru a window with plastic over it to keep the cold out, so it is a little fuzzy.

So, if you don't see the video below, here's a web address to youtube where you can see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..SK8Fwh-_lw

Deer in the yard.

 

http://www.youtube.com/v/RSK8Fwh-_lw


 

Ooh, that was priceless:-

1) Wheezer you do enrich the lives of those you touch. Thank You!

2) These creatures are so adorable. I wonder how some hunters have the heart to hunt deer

3) I used to earlier feel that one had to be related to Wheezer to receive wonderful videos from him. Thanks for proving me wrong friend & for sharing….

4) I am trying to save your video in my video library. There is one hilarious one of a dog dreaming & several others too. Now that I reflect. I have more animal videos than human ones. I suppose having more than one pair of legs often enough, directly correlates to better character

Ramesh Smile

March 2, 2010
6:26 AM
black raven
Geek
Forum Posts: 125
Member Since:
April 3, 2009
Offline
17
0

Welcome back Ozzie SmileSeems someone else needs to take a leaf out of Ashrafs book and have a breakLaughWinkHope all is well and you manage to get things under some sort of controlSmile

March 2, 2010
8:39 AM
Ozzie
Novice
Forum Posts: 0
Member Since:
May 6, 2009
Offline
18
0

black raven said:

Welcome back Ozzie SmileSeems someone else needs to take a leaf out of Ashrafs book and have a breakLaughWinkHope all is well and you manage to get things under some sort of controlSmile


 

Hey there, black raven! I hope you finally managed to settle on an anti-spam program. All is well here – and thanks for the message. Much appreciated. And things are moving in the right direction, so no complaints. A little bit sleep-deprived, but hey, who isn't, right?

Can I just say for the umpteenth time how much I love dotTech. Before coming into this space, I had never interacted like this online. Ever. I don't think I had even left a comment anywhere, from memory. But this is something way different. You are all such wonderful people, and it's a true pleasure to get to know you all. I think Ashraf has created something really special here. Special place, special people. Yep, this is a good place to be online.

And my little brother Ramesh, I couldn't agree with you more ("Wheezer you do enrich the lives of those you touch"). You're a great guy, Wheezer. And thanks again for sharing those images. Priceless, if you ask me.

Now if I could only develop guru Karen's tech savvy … ! Laugh

Hi-diddly-ho, Ozzie must go … See you round, dotTechies!
March 2, 2010
12:16 PM
black raven
Geek
Forum Posts: 125
Member Since:
April 3, 2009
Offline
19
0

Yes Ashraf has done himself and ourselves proud with this site.But all of us willing to come together and help each other out counts for a lot too.Just proves where theres a will theres a wayLaughWe are all brothers and sistersWink under ashrafs guidance and counselling.Well done Ashraf for creating a unique and uplifting place on the web.Thank you from the bottom of my heart………… well it will be…….when I find it WinkLaughLaughLaugh

March 2, 2010
3:36 PM
Refpeuk
Young Fart
Forum Posts: 151
Member Since:
December 3, 2009
Offline
20
0

Wow.  I love the friendliness here and all – this is probably my most visited site, but some of your last comments make it sound like a cult . . . Confused

 

Hmmmm . . . the Dottech cult.  Sound catchy! Wink

Any comments? Questions? Outbursts?
Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: wp_sferrorlog

Currently Online:
44 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

phoenix_rising: 899

karen: 878

Wheezer: 786

yourpalal: 647

PCbasics: 614

ebony: 548

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 11

Members: 9777

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 17

Topics: 2601

Posts: 16629

Newest Members: williameltham, Angelina786, Noteburner, winiehappy, 25JoelF, chrispaul

Administrators: Ashraf (1799), Locutus (1886), amnesia (270)

Comments