Warning: fopen(/home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-cache/sp-plugin-scripts-footer.js): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-plugins.php on line 745

Warning: fopen(/home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-cache/sp-plugin-styles-all.css): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-plugins.php on line 534

hal.dll Problem on Dell Dimension E520 | Tech Support | Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
hal.dll Problem on Dell Dimension E520
Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
June 16, 2010
9:27 AM
daniel505
London
Novice
Forum Posts: 4

Hi Guys,

I have a bit of a problem with my Dell at the moment. Every time I start up it prompts me to reinstall the Hal.dll file because it is missing or corrupt.  Because of this I have no access to windows, the content of the hard drive and anything else to do with the operating system.

I have tried Dell's support.dell.com/pcrt website which was the one they suggested to me, however much of the information on there is related to people who still have the functionality of the OEM software that was installed inside windows.

I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition (Professional, but with the additional MCE interface) if this helps or is at all relevant.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Daniel505

June 16, 2010
10:01 AM
Gioneo
Geek
Forum Posts: 240

Quick question: Do you still have your XP install disc or can you get one?

June 16, 2010
12:32 PM
Joji

Question, were you able to go on safe mode to save all your important stuff?

If you don't have the CD, you should ask your friends if they even have one… hopefully they would, or else your'e kinda doomed… I guess…

If nothing works for you, go to Canada Computers' or places where they fix your computer for you. :) Though, that would cost money…

~Joji~

June 16, 2010
1:35 PM
3K3
Nerd
Forum Posts: 76
You could try method described here:

Good luckSmile

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: wp_sferrorlog

Currently Online:
38 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

phoenix_rising: 899

karen: 878

Wheezer: 786

yourpalal: 647

PCbasics: 614

ebony: 548

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 11

Members: 9777

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 17

Topics: 2601

Newest Members: deyensinu, jeremycabreros, sridhar, rickswillingson, jolieangelina, lee

Administrators: Ashraf (1799), Locutus (1886), amnesia (270)

Comments