Warning: fopen(/home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-cache/sp-plugin-scripts-footer.js): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-plugins.php on line 745

Warning: fopen(/home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-cache/sp-plugin-styles-all.css): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-plugins.php on line 534

MSSE error code 0x80070643 | Tech Support | Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
MSSE error code 0x80070643
Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
July 9, 2010
7:03 AM
PCbasics
King of Freebies
Forum Posts: 614

I have no idea what to do….I read alot of other forums that say to edit registry…or something like that? is there any other (easier) way to fix this!

btw: this was a result due to an update…or somthin like that

I Love Freebies
July 9, 2010
1:20 PM
Lascannon

Similar errors happened to my system upon updating the virus database. Uninstalled right afterwards. MSE sure has lots of problems…Confused

PCbasics sir, if your'e a power user who wants more options and a faster scanning rate, I suggest not to use MSE. But again, if you want more stuff you'd have to go for the paid AV programs.

Your choice. Smile

July 9, 2010
5:21 PM
Gioneo
Geek
Forum Posts: 240
If you are positive a recent update caused this, Go to the Control Panel and Add/remove programs – Click on the Show Updates options on top. Look for your most recent update on the list and remove it.

If it's not related, you can try this:

1. Download and install Windows Installer Cleanup from http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

2. Use the Windows Installer Cleanup to uninstall Microsoft Antimalware.

3. Open regedit and look for HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Microsoft Antimalware. If it's still there then remove it.

4. If you have problems removing the registry entry then you need to take ownership and permissions to delete that entry.

5. Try to install Microsoft Security Essentials.

*Pasted from: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msestart/thread/6e32fbe4-da39-460b-b27b-05018c937a39

These steps look pretty easy to me. It also recommends to uninstall any previous versions of MSE if there are any.

Give it a try.

July 10, 2010
5:14 AM
PCbasics
King of Freebies

Lascannon said:

Similar errors happened to my system upon updating the virus database. Uninstalled right afterwards. MSE sure has lots of problems…Confused

PCbasics sir, if your'e a power user who wants more options and a faster scanning rate, I suggest not to use MSE. But again, if you want more stuff you'd have to go for the paid AV programs.

Your choice. Smile

Well what i like is how MSE is free and there is no paid version. I once read an article that those av that have paid versions and free versions, the free versions do next to nothing in protecting your computer……the actual paid av are great but with me (not wanting to pay for avs), Those free full versions are better than those avast, avg, etc. "free versions"Laugh

I Love Freebies
July 10, 2010
5:35 AM
karen
Washington, DC Metro Area
dotTechie
Forum Posts: 878

I've used both Avira (paid) and AVG (free) in the past. Both do a good job. But I switched to MSE several months ago and I like it so far. I haven't had any trouble with it, it is fairly light-weight, and I don't have any viruses (I run occasional secondary checks with MalwareBytes, etc).

July 10, 2010
8:40 PM
PCbasics
King of Freebies

karen said:

I've used both Avira (paid) and AVG (free) in the past. Both do a good job. But I switched to MSE several months ago and I like it so far. I haven't had any trouble with it, it is fairly light-weight, and I don't have any viruses (I run occasional secondary checks with MalwareBytes, etc).

Right now i have that ad-ware pro from the promo giveaway not long ago. it says on the main window that it is an anti-virus also…..but my computers security alerts keeps on saying my computer is at risk because i dont have an av?…should i just ignore it?

I Love Freebies
July 10, 2010
9:10 PM
Lascannon

@Karen

Funny thing is, I've asked some people why they don't have Malwarebytes' installed on their system and just AVG. They said Malwarebytes' is just plain horrible; it doesn't do a great job at all! Surprisingly, they said AVG pwns on their system. I guess everyone has their different suggestion on AV programs… Confused

@PCBasics

Do you think re-installing the AV again would make the error go away? But again… the key may not work. I guess you should just leave it alone… I mean, you have an AV program so you should be fine. I'm guessing the problem is that ad-aware did not properly synchronize with your windows firewall thing… maybe that was the problem…

July 11, 2010
5:47 AM
karen
dotTechie

Ad-Aware is not AV software that I know of. I haven't used it in a couple of years though so they could've added that functionality. But since Windows is reporting that there is no AV installed, I would install something else. Even if Lanscannon is correct, I wouldn't trust any AV software that couldn't correctly report to the OS.

July 11, 2010
6:37 AM
Conn Platt
Lancashire, England
Young Dude
Forum Posts: 167

karen said:

Ad-Aware is not AV software that I know of. I haven't used it in a couple of years though so they could've added that functionality. But since Windows is reporting that there is no AV installed, I would install something else. Even if Lanscannon is correct, I wouldn't trust any AV software that couldn't correctly report to the OS.

They recently added an Antivirus Engine, i read it on Lifehacker Recently, Ad-Aware is really trying to compete with other AV vendors now, rather than making added protection, they are practically making their own Standalone AV.

Personally i have had a lot of bad experiances with Ad-Aware in the past, Takes up a lot of resources and it left my laptop unprotected unfortunately, it kept saying there were no viruses or spyware, turns out after a scan with MBAM there were over 30 Frown. Ah well, i must say i tried it recently and it has improved a lot, although i am not planning on keeping it, still to heavy on resources for me.

Here's the page:

http://lifehacker.com/5583406/ad+aware-adds-antivirus-scheduled-scans-to-free-version

Difficult, to be sure…..but it shall be done!!
July 11, 2010
3:58 PM
Lascannon

MBAM pwns. It's the king of AV program. The next one rivaling Malwarebytes' is probably Super Anti-Spyware? I'm not sure… but I prefer Malwarebytes' simpler layout rather than SAS's layout.

Some of my friends prefer Adaware. Not sure why, they keep it as a "backup AV program". This is probably the reason why my inbox is usually full of "discount on Adaware products!" "free if you do trialpay!" or "buy this and this to get this upgraded free"! Adaware isn't making much money over there "not-so-awesome-av-program".

July 12, 2010
12:39 AM
Ashraf
Mr. Boss
Forum Posts: 1799

Malwarebytes is hardly the king of AV programs; maybe the king of supplements.

Oh and Ad-Aware is much too bloated now. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

July 12, 2010
6:55 AM
Conn Platt
Lancashire, England
Young Dude
Forum Posts: 167

Ashraf said:

Oh and Ad-Aware is much too bloated now. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

Agreed, 

Malwarebytes is a supplements not a replacement for AV, although it is probably the best at what it does.

And Ad-Aware just slows me down too much, otherwise i would keep it installed, i got it recently on the giveaway and ended up just disabling it's service until i wanted to use it because it slowed things down just too much. It's a shame really, i ended up uninstalling, but it's a shame simply because they are steadily adding extra features and improving it a lot, but they just aren't fixing the damn bloat and resource usage.

Difficult, to be sure…..but it shall be done!!
July 12, 2010
8:50 AM
PCbasics
King of Freebies

Ashraf said:

huh?…it actually has been a good program for me….

I Love Freebies
July 12, 2010
2:24 PM
karen
dotTechie

I've had lots of problems with Ad-Aware as well. I tried installing it from a freebie and it took over my computer and slowed it down horribly (and I have a relatively powerful pc). I couldn't even disable the service. I ended up having to restore from a Windows restore point which luckily I had done just before the install.

July 12, 2010
2:27 PM
Gioneo
Geek
Forum Posts: 240

@PCBasics

BTW was that problem ever solved?

July 12, 2010
3:47 PM
Lascannon

Ashraf said:

Sorry, your'e right. Malwarebytes' is only king of supplements. It doesn't have all the features of an AV program. My bad…
July 12, 2010
3:50 PM
Lascannon

karen said:

I've had lots of problems with Ad-Aware as well. I tried installing it from a freebie and it took over my computer and slowed it down horribly (and I have a relatively powerful pc). I couldn't even disable the service. I ended up having to restore from a Windows restore point which luckily I had done just before the install.

Like Threatfire and another anti-keylogger program… I believe it was "Zemmna", they lagged my system a lot, but I didn't have do a restore point at all.

Besides, restore point is disabled on my system. 

July 12, 2010
4:05 PM
Ashraf
Mr. Boss

Gioneo said:

@PCBasics

BTW was that problem ever solved?

Crap, did we hijack a thread? I wasn't paying attention to the topic at hand… just responding-on-the-fly. Embarassed

July 12, 2010
4:06 PM
Ashraf
Mr. Boss

@Karen and Lascannon: You know, I have found System Restore to be more useless than useful. Everytime I use it seems like something breaks that was not broken prior to me restoring to an earlier restore point. Yell

July 12, 2010
4:24 PM
karen
dotTechie

I've only used System Restore a couple of times, but it did save me from having to do a full image restore with Acronis.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: wp_sferrorlog

Currently Online: reggerciar
28 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

phoenix_rising: 899

karen: 878

Wheezer: 786

yourpalal: 647

PCbasics: 614

ebony: 548

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 11

Members: 9777

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 17

Topics: 2601

Newest Members: 25JoelF, chrispaul, brightonrecovery, mandla, Fespattee, Tarsteel

Administrators: Ashraf (1799), Locutus (1886), amnesia (270)

Comments