First-rank Convert Panasonic V500M 60P AVCHD progressive to iMovie11 | This software has been updated! | Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
First-rank Convert Panasonic V500M 60P AVCHD progressive to iMovie11
Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
November 29, 2013
12:00 AM
caoyu0330
Nerd
Forum Posts: 65

As a step-up model from the V500, the Panasonic HC-V500M was introduced in 2012. With the exception of the 16GB of
internal memory, HC-V500M carries a suggested retail price of $499, which is $50 more than the similarly-equipped V500. In
my view, paying $50 for 16GB of flash memory isn’t a good deal, I would like to consider the less expensive V500 and
simply pick up an SDHC card on the side. I wonder if you would agree to my suggestion.

However, some features of V500M are really attractive. The Panasonic V500M Full HD Camcorder has a high sensitivity MOS
image sensor, progressive recording ability and a lengthy list of shot-enhancing and flexibility-furthering features.
Using the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format, the V500M is capable of shooting 1920 x 1080/60p high-definition video in AVCHD format.

AVCHD format is really good for the digital recording and playback of high-definition video, but AVCHD codec aways the
real pain for Mac editing systems.

I once got some trouble to transcoding 60P AVCHD to iMovie 11.

Yeap, iMovie11 can supports native AVCHD format, but it does not support AVCHD 60p video. If you Google it, you will find
tons of posts, such as AVCHD to iMovie, AVCHD to FCP, AVCHD to QuickTime, AVCHD to Sony Vegas, etc. on Macrumor or
Camcorder forums like Panasonic, Sony and Canon.

Someone suggests using rewraps AVCHD MTS/M2TS files to MOV for iMovie. The trouble is there is always some loss in quality
and it’s a little slow. And i don’t want to pay dozens of dollars just to get a solution for AVCHD and HDV Media. If you
own a Panasonic P2 camcorder like AG-HPX300 which shoots video with MXF extension, i think, you couldn’t agree more with
me.

Here I highly introduce Aunsoft professional change 60P AVCHD into iMovie 11 on Mac, a really super fast and excellent
Mac video converter, can transcode all camera formats, especially MXF and AVCHD to native codec for NLE, including iMovie,
FCP 6/7/X, FCE, Avid, Sony Vegas, etc with very minimal quality loss.

The experience to convert Panasonic 60P AVCHD progressive to Mac iMovie11 give me a wonderful sense of achievement. I
would like to share it with you.

Let’s start the experience!

Step 1: Load Panasonic V500M 60P AVCHD progressive to iMedia Converter for Mac

Launch this AVCHD to Mac iMovie Converter, Click \”add video\” or drag and drop MTS files into it directly. You can click “
add a folder” icon to load AVCHD folder.

Tip: To manage your AVCHD files, you’d better to copy raw AVCHD video from camcorder to a file to your Mac HDD to get an
uncompressed AVCHD MTS version.

Step2: Select \”AIC MOV\” as the output format

Just click \”Format\” icon, choose the \”iMovie and Final Cut Express-> Apple InterMedia Codec (AIC) (*.mov) as the output
format for mac iMovie.

Step 3: Set audio and video profile

Before Copying Panasonic AVCHD progressive in mac imovie, you can select video size as 1920*1080 or original. And set
frame rate as 59.94p.

Tip: Don’t get confused here. 60P AVCHD progressive witch we are familiar is in reality probably 59.94P.

Step 4: transcoding 60P AVCHD to AIC iMovie 11

At last, click the \”Convert\” icon to convert and copy Panasonic 60P AVCHD to iMovie 11 on Mac for further editing.

More Recommendation:

Aunsoft stage its annual Thanksgving Promotion, offering another professional AVCHD to Mac iMovie Converters with the best
discount for users, as well as big money-saving bundles. The campaign opens up on 13, November and runs through 10,
December.

December 22, 2013
7:29 PM
vipchenyingsoft
Nerd
Forum Posts: 84

The lightweight new ProHD camera GY HM650 records HD or SD footage in multiple file formats, including native XDCAM EX? (.MP4), Final Cut Pro? (.MOV), AVCHD, and MXF with rich descriptive metadata to non-proprietary SDHC or SDXC media cards. Last week, I shoot some MXF videos with GY-HM650. You know, MXF footage is not compatible with Mac editing systems, including FCP, iMovie, FCE, Avid, Premiere, Sony Vegas, etc. So I decided to transcode GY-HM650 MXF to Final Cut Pro with Apple ProRes Codec. I wanted to be able to save editable raw HD footage, convert to MOV for future editing in FCP, but if the audio in the final
MOV is mixed, it would be difficult to use. My point was to know if there is a method to preserve original audio tracks in GY-HM650 MXF, the way I shot them. I was just installing the latest Mac Mavericks 10.9.1.

Luckily, a friend introduced me Aunsoft TransMXF Pro for Mac. This JVC GY-HM650 MXF Converter is really a master to preserve and separate multiple audio tracks in MXF file, which can convert MXF to multiple audio tracks ProRes 422, ProRes 422 LT, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 4444 for FCP. What’s more, it also exports multiple tracks MKV and multiple tracks MP4 for further editing, delivering, playing and broadcasting. It helps me easily convert and bring GY-HM650 MXF to FCP on Mavericks 10.9.1 with origianl audio tracks.

Here I would like to share my experience on transcoding MXF to ProRes 422 HQ, of cource with two separate channels of audio, the way I shoot them with GY-HM650.

Step1. Accurately load MXF to TransMXF Pro for Mac

Click “add video” or “add folder” to load MXF file. Here I directly drag MXF to the GY-HM650 MXF Converter, fast. This program also supports batch conversion.

In order to avoid of no audio in source MXF file, you’d better to preview loaded MXF files in the preview window to guarantee the output encoded MOV files will also be with sound. You can capture MXF images easily with Snapshot function when preview MXF file.

Check “Merge into one file”, you can join MXF clips into one big file.

Step2: choose multiple audio tracks ProRes 422 HQ as output format

Click the “format” and choose the b]”Multi-track Video -> Multi-track Apple ProRes 422 HQ (*.mov)” files as the output format for FCP. Multi-track Apple ProRes 422 HQ offers the utmost possible audio and video quality for post-production in FCP.

In most circumstances, 422HQ will be sufficient. But 4444 does have more color depth than 422. If you are planning to do heavy grading or VFX work from the ProRes, converting GY-HM650 MXF to ProRes 4444 is desirable.

Step3: Set multi-task settings

This setting is only in the condition of choosing multi-track video. Click “settings” to preserve multiple audio tracks in original MXF. You have more options to deal with audio tracks, if you don’t want to keep all audio tracks, you can uncheck undesired ones. And it’s also okay for you to mix multi-audio tracks into one track.

The system default like the video frame rate as 23.976fps or video size as 1920*1080 is to keep the best quality for editing in Final Cut Pro. You can reset them for specific needs.

You also can initial edit MXF file, like trim, crop, flip, add water mark or effect to the videos via a click on “editor tool” in the main interface before you convert and bring GY-HM650 MXF to FCP.

Step4: Convert MXF files into multi-track ProRes MOV

Click “Start Conversion” icon, The GY-HM650 MXF Converter will convert MXF to ProRes 422 HQ MOV with original audio tracks preserved. After MXF to ProRes 422 conversion, you will be able to get the output files via clicking on “Open” button and then bring converted GY-HM650 MXF to Final Cut Pro.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: wp_sferrorlog

Currently Online:
46 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

phoenix_rising: 899

karen: 878

Wheezer: 786

yourpalal: 647

PCbasics: 614