Warning: fopen(/home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-cache/sp-plugin-scripts-footer.js): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-plugins.php on line 747

Warning: fopen(/home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-cache/sp-plugin-styles-all.css): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dottech/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-plugins.php on line 536

Safari 5 | This software has been updated! | Forums

A A A

Please consider registering
guest

Log In Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

  

— Match —

   

— Forum Options —

    

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Safari 5
Topic Rating: +1 (1 votes) 
June 8, 2010
8:11 PM
calebstein
Grand Master
Forum Posts: 445
Member Since:
November 22, 2009
Offline
1
0

Safari 5 is out, not that I use it.  I’ve just been experimenting with WebKit (http://webkit.org/)

It's me
June 9, 2010
1:31 AM
jumbi
Geek
Forum Posts: 236
Member Since:
July 13, 2009
Offline
2
0

thanks for the info

(I was looking now for a 4th browser)

June 9, 2010
2:19 PM
Locutus
Guru
Forum Posts: 1886
Member Since:
February 19, 2009
Offline
3
0

jumbi said:

(I was looking now for a 4th browser)


 

Really? Surprised

Oh, the site that was :(
June 9, 2010
6:09 PM
jumbi
Geek
Forum Posts: 236
Member Since:
July 13, 2009
Offline
4
+1

yes I do!

No offense to safari, I dont want to start any browser battle again, just my usage because I needed to log in to some sites with multiple accounts (incl facebook) and did not want to share the same cookies.

 Did cookie handling with firefox addons in the past but sometimes I need to log in at the same time, so another browser is the fastest and most clear option.

(to give a funny example, I play with my girlfriend poker at facebook and I enter also as another player to tease friends! we have so much fun :-) there are others  serious reasons as well).

June 9, 2010
7:23 PM
calebstein
Grand Master
Forum Posts: 445
Member Since:
November 22, 2009
Offline
5
0

Ooh, Browser Wars! Laugh  I’m good at those.  I’ll start: Opera is best!

It's me
June 9, 2010
7:59 PM
Sujay
Novice
Forum Posts: 18
Member Since:
February 17, 2010
Offline
6
0

Too much memory usage.

June 9, 2010
11:40 PM
Locutus
Guru
Forum Posts: 1886
Member Since:
February 19, 2009
Offline
7
0

Sujay said:

Too much memory usage.


 

That and it requires OS X 10.6.2 (on a Mac).  I can’t upgrade past .1… Frown

Oh, the site that was :(
June 10, 2010
1:57 AM
jumbi
Geek
Forum Posts: 236
Member Since:
July 13, 2009
Offline
8
0

Sujay said: 

Too much memory usage.


 

I have plenty of ram that should be used somehow :-) 

June 11, 2010
7:00 PM
Locutus
Guru
Forum Posts: 1886
Member Since:
February 19, 2009
Offline
9
0


Clockwise from top left: Safari 4, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome.

Oh, the site that was :(
June 11, 2010
7:18 PM
calebstein
Grand Master
Forum Posts: 445
Member Since:
November 22, 2009
Offline
10
0

Locutus said:

Clockwise from top left: Safari 4, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome.


And Opera’s the best Laugh.  Why haven’t you upgraded to Safari 5?  You can develop extensions for it.
It's me
June 11, 2010
8:38 PM
Locutus
Guru
Forum Posts: 1886
Member Since:
February 19, 2009
Offline
11
0

calebstein said:

Locutus said:

Clockwise from top left: Safari 4, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome.


And Opera’s the best Laugh.  Why haven’t you upgraded to Safari 5?  You can develop extensions for it.
 

 

It requires 10.6.2 Cry I have yet to upgrade to that because when I tried 10.6.3, it kernel panicked.

Oh, the site that was :(
June 11, 2010
8:39 PM
calebstein
Grand Master
Forum Posts: 445
Member Since:
November 22, 2009
Offline
12
0

Locutus said:

calebstein said:

Locutus said:

Clockwise from top left: Safari 4, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome.


And Opera’s the best Laugh.  Why haven’t you upgraded to Safari 5?  You can develop extensions for it.
 

 


It requires 10.6.2 Cry I have yet to upgrade to that because when I tried 10.6.3, it kernel panicked.
 

Then just upgrade to 10.6.2 instead of 10.6.3
 
It's me
June 11, 2010
8:53 PM
Locutus
Guru
Forum Posts: 1886
Member Since:
February 19, 2009
Offline
13
0

calebstein said:

Locutus said:

calebstein said:

Locutus said:

Clockwise from top left: Safari 4, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome.


And Opera’s the best Laugh.  Why haven’t you upgraded to Safari 5?  You can develop extensions for it.

 

 


It requires 10.6.2 Cry I have yet to upgrade to that because when I tried 10.6.3, it kernel panicked.

 


Then just upgrade to 10.6.2 instead of 10.6.3

 


 

Actually, I am right now–I just got slightly scared off.  Luckily, I found a nice informative guide on installing .2 from a user using the same laptop as I (but there are tons of variants, so it could still not work).

Oh, the site that was :(
June 11, 2010
8:55 PM
calebstein
Grand Master
Forum Posts: 445
Member Since:
November 22, 2009
Offline
14
0

Locutus said:

calebstein said:

Locutus said:

calebstein said:

Locutus said:

Clockwise from top left: Safari 4, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome.


And Opera’s the best Laugh.  Why haven’t you upgraded to Safari 5?  You can develop extensions for it.
 

 


It requires 10.6.2 Cry I have yet to upgrade to that because when I tried 10.6.3, it kernel panicked.
 

Then just upgrade to 10.6.2 instead of 10.6.3
 

Actually, I am right now–I just got slightly scared off.  Luckily, I found a nice informative guide on installing .2 from a user using the same laptop as I (but there are tons of variants, so it could still not work).

Well, since there seem to be so many problems, here is what you should do:

1. Head over to your nearest Apple store.

2. Tell them you would like to buy a brand new 8-core Mac Pro with 32 GB of RAM and a 512 GB solid state HDD.

3. Give them a lot of money.

4. Take your brand new Mac home and set it up.

5. Install Safari 5.

It's me
June 11, 2010
9:01 PM
Locutus
Guru
Forum Posts: 1886
Member Since:
February 19, 2009
Offline
15
0

calebstein said:


 

Step three is the hard part.

Oh, and guess what happened?  The computer crashed during the install–fan issues–so now it’s panicking on every boot. ConfusedConfusedConfused

Oh, the site that was :(
June 11, 2010
9:02 PM
calebstein
Grand Master
Forum Posts: 445
Member Since:
November 22, 2009
Offline
16
0

Then skip 3.  Just grab the Mac and run Laugh

It's me
June 11, 2010
9:05 PM
Locutus
Guru
Forum Posts: 1886
Member Since:
February 19, 2009
Offline
17
0

calebstein said:

Then skip 3.  Just grab the Mac and run Laugh


 

…OK, I did what you said, and now I have two store employees and the mall security running after me.  Although, I did opt for the 3G card, the iMiniScreen, and the BatteryPro, so I’m typing this on my new Mac Pro! Laugh

Oh, the site that was :(
June 11, 2010
9:06 PM
calebstein
Grand Master
Forum Posts: 445
Member Since:
November 22, 2009
Offline
18
0

Locutus said:

calebstein said:

Then skip 3.  Just grab the Mac and run Laugh


…OK, I did what you said, and now I have two store employees and the mall security running after me.  Although, I did opt for the 3G card, the iMiniScreen, and the BatteryPro, so I’m typing this on my new Mac Pro! Laugh

Wow, that was sure fast Laugh.  But, how could you be writing this on your new (stolen) Mac Pro if you have two employees and the security chasing you?
It's me
June 11, 2010
9:10 PM
Locutus
Guru
Forum Posts: 1886
Member Since:
February 19, 2009
Offline
19
0

calebstein said:

Locutus said:

calebstein said:

Then skip 3.  Just grab the Mac and run Laugh


…OK, I did what you said, and now I have two store employees and the mall security running after me.  Although, I did opt for the 3G card, the iMiniScreen, and the BatteryPro, so I’m typing this on my new Mac Pro! Laugh
 

Wow, that was sure fast Laugh.  But, how could you be writing this on your new (stolen) Mac Pro if you have two employees and the security chasing you?
 

 

Good questi—

Oh, the site that was :(
June 11, 2010
9:21 PM
calebstein
Grand Master
Forum Posts: 445
Member Since:
November 22, 2009
Offline
20
0

Locutus said:

calebstein said:

Locutus said:

calebstein said:

Then skip 3.  Just grab the Mac and run Laugh


…OK, I did what you said, and now I have two store employees and the mall security running after me.  Although, I did opt for the 3G card, the iMiniScreen, and the BatteryPro, so I’m typing this on my new Mac Pro! Laugh

 


Wow, that was sure fast Laugh.  But, how could you be writing this on your new (stolen) Mac Pro if you have two employees and the security chasing you?

 


Good questi—

Uh oh
It's me
Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: wp_sferrorlog

Currently Online:
23 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

phoenix_rising: 899

karen: 878

Wheezer: 786

yourpalal: 647

PCbasics: 614

ebony: 548

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 11

Members: 9777

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 17

Topics: 2601

Posts: 16629

Newest Members: armani, marieliddell, JumpBiest, susanibanez, johnpeterr12, akritiarora

Administrators: Ashraf: 1799, Locutus: 1886, amnesia: 270

Comments