Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
This root guide is for the LG Connect 4G running Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
Before We Begin
- You’ll need to enable USB debugging on your device. Go to Settings, then Applications, then Development. Check the box next to USB Debugging.
- You’ll need to download and install the official LG Connect 4G USB drivers  on your Windows PC, if you haven’t already.
- You’ll need to download the root package  to your PC and extract the contents.
- Make sure your LG Connect 4G is at least 80% charged. Full charge is preferable.
How To Root LG Connect 4G
- Connect your LG Connect 4G to your computer using USB cord.
- Find where you extracted the root package on your PC and double-click AIO-LGConnect.bat.
- Pay attention to what the command prompt window tells you. Select the root only option in the command prompt window and press the Enter key.
- Rooting will not start. Be patient. It will do everything automatically.
- Once the rooting is completed, your device should reboot.
- When your LG Connect 4G has finished rebooting, open up the Google Play Store and install BusyBox .
- After BusyBox is finished installing, open it and the app will prompt you to grant it superuser access.
- Grant BusyBox superuser privileges.
- After BusyBox is given superuser privilages, you’ve successfully rooted your LG Connect 4G.
Enjoy a rooted LG Connect 4G.
[via androidforums ]