Have a Kyocera Hydro that you want to get a little more out of? This guide will teach you exactly how you can root your device! In no time at all you’ll have root access on your Hydro, which will open the door to endless possibilities.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
This root guide is for the Kyocera Hydro running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. is specifically for the Kyocera Hydro.
Take note this will wipe all your files and data on your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
You’ll need to download the root package, saving it and extracting it to a folder on your Desktop. You can download the root package by visiting this link .
You’ll need a MicroUSB cable handy.
Your device must be in USB debugging mode. Go to Settings, then Developer options, and then check the box that says USB debugging.
How To Root Device
- Open the folder that you extracted the root package to on your Desktop.
- Connect your Kyocera Hydro to your PC with your Micro USB cable.
- Inside the folder that you extracted the root package to, look for a file called RunMe.bat. Open the file, and the rooting process will begin.
- RunMe.bat will open in a command-prompt window and will ask you to select an option before the rooting starts. Select the #3 option.
- On the screen of your Kyocera hydro you’ll see a prompt. Disregard it and select the option in the prompt on your device that says ‘Restore my data‘.
- Follow the instructions both on your device and in RunMe.bat, and after finishing the process, you’ll have root!
Enjoy a rooted Kyocera Hydro.
[via theunlockr ]