Have a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 that you want to get a little more out of? This guide will teach you exactly how you can root your device! In no time at all you’ll have root access on your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2, which will open the door to endless possibilities.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
This root guide is for the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Take note this will wipe all your files and data on your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
Download the Samsung drivers and install them onto your PC (if you haven’t done so already). The Samsung USB drivers can be found at this link .
Download the root package, and move it to the root of your device’s sdcard. Do this by connecting your device to your PC using a micro USB cable. The root package can be found by following this link .
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2.
- Power your device back on my pressing the Volume Up, Home and power buttons simultaneously. This will take you to recovery mode.
- Select the option ‘install update from external storage‘.
- Locate the root package that you previously placed onto your sdcard.
- Once selected, the root package will being flashing to your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2.
- After the flashing is complete, reboot into Android.
Enjoy a rooted Samsung Galaxy Ace 2.
[via xda-developers ]