Get ready to root your already powerful Sony Xperia Z1, Sony’s flagship smartphone, with the famous 20.7 megapixel camera. Just read on to find how you can get your brand new Sony Xperia Z1 rooted.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
This guide will help you to root your Sony Xperia Z1 running on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean). The following guide does use a Chinese application; but you needn’t worry about that, since the language doesn’t really matter here. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
First of all, make sure you are ready with the following:
- Download and install the USB drivers  for your Sony Xperia Z1.
- Download any one of these rooting packages: 360root  / vroot 
- Enable USB debugging in your device (by going to Settings > Applications > Development Options > USB debugging).
How To Root Sony Xperia Z1
- Install either 360root or vroot on your computer.
- You can just keep clicking ‘Next’ until the installation is finished. No need to worry about the language.
- Now, you should be having a shortcut to the installed application on your desktop.
- Open the application.
- Connect your Sony Xperia Z1 to the computer using a USB cable.
- After the computer detects your device, the model number of the device shall be displayed in the application window. 
- Now, click on the green button at the bottom of the window which says ‘ROOT’ (it’s the same for both vroot and 360root).
- Your device may restart a few times during the process.
- When the process is finished, you will receive a message in Chinese with a tick mark indicating that the rooting process was successful.
- Now click the green button on the bottom of this final window to complete the process.
- You may now install the Root Checker  app from Google Play to verify the root status of your device.