Installing CWM (ClockworkMod) or TWRP (TeamWin Recovery Project) recovery on your HTC One Max is now just some minutes away. CWM or TWRP recovery will help you to root your phone, install custom ROM’s and do many other things that were forbidden to you, when you used the Stock recovery.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide.
This guide helps you to install CWM or TWRP recovery on your HTC One Max. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
Before you start with this guide to flash CWM or TWRP recovery on your device, prepare yourself for the same.
- Unlock the bootloader  of your HTC One Max.
- Make sure that your phone is charged upto well above 50%.
- Download the proper recovery package for your device: CWM , TWRP 
How To install/flash ClockworkMod recovery on HTC One Max
- Power off your phone.
- Unplug your phone from your computer if it’s already plugged in.
- Rename the previously downloaded recovery package to recovery.img for the sake of simplicity.
- Boot your phone by keeping the Volume down and Power buttons pressed until the screen responds.
- Highlight Fastboot and press the Power button to select it.
- Now, connect your One Max to your computer via a USB cable.
Open a command prompt (Press Win + R to launch the Run dialog, then enter “cmd” in the dialog box) in your computer.
- Change the working directory to the place you have the recovery.img file (for example, using the command, “cd C:\OneMax” without quotes if C:\OneMax is the location of recovery.img).
- Enter the following command in the command window:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Wait till the process is over.
- Congrats! You have now successfully installed CWM or TWRP recovery on your HTC One Max!
Enjoy the power of CWM or TWRP recovery on your HTC One Max. Now you can do things like rooting your One Max, installing custom ROM’s and so on.