Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. Ashraf and dotTech are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
Unlike previous rooting methods, this one doesn’t require a computer to complete. But as always, rooting will void your warranty and unrooting will restore your warranty.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download ‘troot APK ‘, which can be done by clicking on the large ‘?’ found on the page.
- Save the troot APK on the root folder of your device’s memory.
HOW TO ROOT THE LG G2 MINI
To root the LG G2 Mini, follow the steps below:
- Allow ‘Unknown sources’ on the device by heading over to Menu, Settings, Security then Unknown sources.
- Launch File Manager and open the troot APK you downloaded in the previous section.
- Follow the instructions that appear to install the troot app on your device.
- Launch the app from your App Drawer.
- Tap the ‘make it rain’ button in the app to begin the rooting process of your device.
- Download and install SuperU  from Google Play.
- Launch SuperU, and when it asks to update binaries, select Continue.
- Your device has successfully been rooted, congrats!
To verify that you’ve successfully rooted the LG G2 Mini, you can download Root Checker  from the Play Store to verify it. Enjoy your rooted LG G2 Mini!
[via TheUnlockr ]