Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. Ashraf and dotTech are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
Don’t forget that rooting your device will void your warranty.
This procedure requires a Windows PC.
This will only work for the SM-N750 version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the ‘Samsung Android USB Driver for Windows ‘.
- Download ‘Odin ‘ and save it on your computer.
- Download ‘CF-Root ‘ and save it on your computer. Tip: the download link is found at the bottom area of the page.
- Download ‘TWRP Recovery ‘ and save it on your computer.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 NEO
To root the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo, follow the steps below:
- Extract the files from both Odin and CF-Root.
- Launch the Odin executable.
- Select PDA and choose the CF-Root file that you extracted in Step 1.
- Uncheck the Repartition checkbox in Odin.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes.
- Switch off the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo.
- Switch it on again by holding down on the Power, Home and Volume Down buttons at the same time.
- Enter download mode by pressing the Volume Up button.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo to your PC via USB cable.
- A box in Odin will turn yellow to indicate that your device has been recognized by the computer.
- Select ‘Start’ on Odin and the rooting process will begin.
- Upon completion, your device should automatically restart.
- Your device has successfully been rooted, congrats!
To verify that you’ve successfully rooted the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo, you can download Root Checker  from the Play Store to verify it. Enjoy your rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo!
[via TheUnlockr ]