There are certain apps that allow you to create various types on documents in Android. Now, what if you want to view an existing Microsoft Office document or file using your Android smartphone or tablet? Like, for example, a PowerPoint document in PPT (.ppt) or PPTX (.pptx) format?
Is there any good way for you to directly view the file as it is without converting it to another format such as JPG or PDF? Well, the answer is yes. If you want to know how, then go ahead and read on.
How to view a PowerPoint file in Android tablets and smartphones
- On your Android tablet or smartphone, go to the Play Store then search for an app called “1Drive with Document Viewer”.
- Download  and install the app to your device.
- After installing the app, launch it from your app drawer.
- You will then be prompted to log in or register. If you don’t want to log in or sign-up for an account just yet, you can choose to use the document viewer as a guest user. To do so, simply select “Try ThinkFree Drive” and you will be immediately taken to the app’s main menu.
- What’s next? Just tap the side menu on the top-left corner of the app’s UI then select SD Card to locate your file. If your device doesn’t have an external storage, then you will be automatically redirected to the internal storage of your device. Just scroll and browse the folders then select your desired file.
- Alternatively, you can use the search tool on the navigation bar to specifically search for .ppt or .pptx files. Just type .ppt or .pptx on the search field and if there’s any, these files will just automatically show up on search.
- Now, once you’ve found the file that you want, just tap on it and then select the slideshow option on the top menu bar to view the PowerPoint presentation on full screen. You’ll then be asked whether to start the slideshow from the current slide or start from the beginning.
- When viewing the PowerPoint presentation, just swipe from left to right or right to left to jump to the next or previous slide. Just press the back button once you’re done.
It’s that easy.